Backend Engineer, Technology Platform
Software Engineering, IT
Posted on Tuesday, March 15, 2022
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
We are hiring a software engineer for Airwallex's Technology Platform team, where we build a highly scalable, efficient, performant, reliable, and extensible core platform that offers generic framework solutions where our cutting-edge upper layer financial applications run.
In this fast-changing digital world that is increasingly becoming borderless, our mission is to empower businesses of all sizes to grow in their own markets and around the world, and by doing so, contribute to the global economy.
- More than 3 years of experience in Java backend application development;
- Bachelor's degree in computer science and related majors;
- At least 2 years of experience building distributed search systems using elastic search and have hands on experience on managing, maintaining and tuning elastic search clusters
- Familiar with Java 8, Java multi-threading, high concurrency, IO / NIO, network communication, etc .;
- Familiar with commonly used design patterns;
- Experience with distributed databases or storage systems for example Cassandra/Redis/NoSQL
- Strong hands-on knowledge with full implementation of Elastic search
- Proficient in elastic query for retrieve
- Design and implement highly scalable ELK (ElasticSearch, Logstash, and Kibana) stack solutions
- Kotlin / Scala / Python /
- RabbitMQ / Kafka
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.