Associate Director, Procurement
Posted on Wednesday, November 30, 2022
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
As we expand our business and operation crossing the world, we need to make sure that our procurement functionality, policy and process is built with the highest standard compared with industry best practice. Therefore, you will help Airwallex to establish the Procurement function which best fits our business model and future scalability. In this role you will be responsible for defining and ensuring the execution of the procurement strategy, policies, and processes. You will act as the main point of contact for all matters relating to spend. You will support the business (ie: Product and Engineering) in large procurement projects, develop procurement strategies and set up centralized procure to pay processes supported by a service team.
- Develop policy and detailed process for our centralized procure to pay process
- Create and manage direct relationships with finance and other functional departments, such as engineering and product team
- Manage service center to handle invoice processing and drive the compliance of procurement policy
- Identify cost savings opportunities through sourcing and other levers
- Explore automated solutions for procurement
- Help lead the expansion of procurement into other regions
- Evaluate the effectiveness of procurement and drive continuous improvement in supply chain metrics
Who you are
- 5+ years of procurement and/or partnerships experience (RFP processes, cost negotiations, vendor analysis, etc.)
- Experience with building efficient centralized procure to pay processes
- Experience working with IT, Product or Engineering procurement
- Ability to ramp a new function and establish an operating model
- Ability to drive and implement change in a global organization
- Curiosity for learning about technical products
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills
- Direct experience implementing new systems
- Experience in evaluating metrics and making data-driven decisions
- A can-do attitude and ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously
- A proven track record for working well across teams and with external partners
- Ability to bring a process-oriented mindset to execute on deliverables
- Prior experience in the payment cards industry or financial services is a plus
- Prior experience working in fast-growing Procurement organisations
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.
See more open positions at Airwallex
Something looks off?