Senior Machine Learning Engineer (anti-fraud)
Software Engineering, Accounting & Finance
Posted on Tuesday, January 31, 2023
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
As an ML engineer, you will work with a team of ML engineers on interesting ML problems in the risk management domain. You will build sophisticated features and models based on real world transaction data. We expect you to experiment with different features; try out various model architectures, from random forest, xgboost to DNN, LSTM and graph model; tune model performance; and build applications on top of models to achieve business values.
- Analyze business requirements and turn them into ML problems
- Work on feature engineering and model training
- Collaborate with different teams to apply models to business problems
- Be an expert about the cutting-edge ML technologies and be able to pick the right model architecture for our problems
- Coach junior ML engineers to grow and be more effective in their job
- At least 5 years's machine learning related working experience
- Modeling background in risk domain and fraud detection experience are a must
- Proficient in Python and/or a JVM language (Java, Scala, Kotlin)
- Experience with model training and ML libraries, such as scikit-learn, Tensorflow, PyTorch, Keras, etc.
- Experience with big data frameworks, such as Flink or Spark
- Familiar with SQL
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.
See more open positions at Airwallex
Something looks off?