Banking Partnerships Manager - EMEA
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Friday, February 17, 2023
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
We're looking for a Financial Partnerships Manager, to be based in London, to own our key strategic relationships related to our Bank network in the Middle East. Strong candidates located in the Netherlands will also be considered.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, ‘out of box’ thinker, who has worked in the payments industry and will do what it takes to make sure Airwallex is successful. Experience building new relationships with Financial Institutions in the Middle East (Israel, UAE, KSA, Jordan, Turkey) whilst working at a Payment Institution/EMI is essential for this role. You must have a strong network across the Middle East of Banking partners to help Airwallex scale.
What You'll Be Doing...
- Lead, develop, own, refine, and implement a Banking partnerships strategy for the Middle East that aligns with and supports our overall business vision for Airwallex’s Global Collection and Payout network
- Manage our most strategically important partnership opportunities, both existing and new, and act as the main point of contact between Airwallex and those partners
- Understand the competitive landscape and conduct market research to ensure that Airwallex maintains its position as a payment leader
- Identify and evaluate opportunities to integrate with Alternative Payment Methods (APMs) and local Acquirers in the Middle East.
- Coordinate due diligence processes with prospective partners and project-manage internal stakeholders through commercial, legal and on-boarding with new partners
- Position yourself as an industry thought leader and establish relationships with key banks/APMs in the Middle East
Who You Are...
- You are an exceptional communicator – being able to connect with people at all levels, both internally and with external stakeholders, and communicate project expectations effectively is critical
- You thrive under pressure – and work well with constant change and the ambiguity of a startup environment
- You have strong negotiation skills – to navigate complex commercial discussions to ensure the best outcome for Airwallex
- You’re a team player - work cohesively with colleagues from across the organisation and be able to inspire a shared vision
What You Bring...
- 5+ years of experience working with financial institutions and regulators in payments in the Middle East
- Understanding of Compliance and on-boarding with Tier 1 banks and local regional banks
- International experience - either working in multiple markets or managing cross border relationships
- A proven track record of working with technology led businesses in a dynamic, fast paced environment
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.
See more open positions at Airwallex
Something looks off?