Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Posted on Thursday, April 6, 2023
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
As the Engineering Manager for our Core Banking Platform, you'll be in a high-impact role that collaborates with Product & Engineering teams across the organization. In your role, you'll maintain & evolve the mission critical client ledger & financial transaction system that powers Airwallex’s diverse product capabilities. These capabilities include card issuing, payments and foreign exchange.
The role includes both people & technical leadership responsibilities, and will require you to design and execute an engineering strategy in partnership with the organisation's senior technical & business leaders. You'll be responsible for both the delivery & overall health of the Core Banking Platform squad.
We're building the Financial Infrastructure of the future, and this team owns several critical systems including card issuing, payments, foreign exchange and expense management.
We'd Love You to Have:
- A solid understanding of accounting concepts (ledger, financial transactions) & experience working in a financial domain
- 8+ years of software engineering experience, with a focus on low latency, distributed systems
- 2+ years of experience managing and mentoring a team of developers
- Hands on experience with event driven architectures
- Experience with backend technologies is essential. We don't mind what languages you have most recently been using, we're using Java, Kotlin, Spring / Spring Boot
- Strong cloud experience with either GCP or AWS and experience integrating with observability tooling such as Splunk, NewRelic, Prometheus, Grafana
When you join Airwallex, You Choose "Bigger Growth Opportunities."
In 2022 as a Global business, we achieved the following:
- Series E stage, total funding of USD $900 Million, $5.5B valuation
- Expanded into new markets
- Forged partnerships with Shopify, Hubspot, Plaid, Trip Actions/Navan, Agoda, and Qantas
- We launched our Scholarship Partnership with The University of Melbourne
- Asia FinTech Awards: Team of the Year, Fintech of the Year
- Xero Awards Australia: Financial Services App of the Year
- Top 100 Women in Fintech: #40 Lucy Liu, Co-Founder of Airwallex
- Over 37% of our Australian team were promoted last year
Life at Airwallex:
💸We commit to industry-leading salaries and rewards
💲We share our business success through every employee receiving equity
💻 Two epic working spaces in the heart of Melbourne and Sydney
💳 Your own Airwallex Virtual Card, with $1000 per year to spend on physical, lifestyle, health, or charitable donations
🥗On-site snacks, think fully stocked fridges, beers, ice-creams
🧘Access to our mental wellness platform to provide personalised, private support, including coaching and EAP sessions
🎂 Enjoy a paid day off on your birthday to celebrate YOU
👪Generous parental leave, baby bonding leave, and pregnancy loss leaves
💵Paid community and volunteer leave
💸Generous Employee Referral Program rewards for referring top talent
✈️ Explore the world - You have the opportunity to work from anywhere in the world for up to 3 months each year
🦄 Accelerate your career - We've reached consistent unicorn status and our people are a huge part of this. Airwallex is the place where you can grow to your full potential, with more than a third of our Australian team promoted last year
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
See more open positions at Airwallex
Something looks off?