Staff DevOps Engineer, Issuing Platform
Posted on Tuesday, April 18, 2023
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
As a staff DevOps engineer in the issuing platform team, you will be responsible for leading the design of our DevOps strategy, and working closely with cross-functional teams to develop and evolve the cloud infrastructure optimized for performance, scalability and security in order to support our next 10x growth.
Your focus will be around building a globally distributed, PCI DSS compliant platform using GCP and Kubenetes, whilst guiding and upskilling internal teams using best practices for building, deployment and scaling applications in the cloud. As we are a Financial Service company, security is at the core of our practices and automation.
You will bring to the team a level of expertise in operational platform management, developing observability and detection capabilities that will decrease time to discover problems and allow our teams to increase stability and not sacrifice agility or security.
A key aspect of this position will be building consensus amongst DevOps Engineers across geographies in different feature teams about the tools and practices we use, and evolving that consensus into agreed standards.
Who you are
- You are committed – You strive to produce, exceptional, risk free, fully tested solutions in all the platforms you build.
- You can think on your feet - with experience building platforms which resolve fast paced, ever changing success measures.
- You are team player – you enjoy working in a collaborative, innovative and customer first driven environment.
- You are naturally curious – always asking why to better understand our customer needs
- You are a passionate problem solver – You love digging deep and brainstorming with colleagues in order to come up with the best solution for a problem
What you’ll bring
- Technical leadership of software design in meeting requirements of service stability, reliability, scalability and security.
- The expertise to design, analyze and troubleshoot large-scale distributed systems.
- Demonstrates innovative methods of declaratively automating cloud-based IaaS/PaaS deployments and applications using modern and innovative GitOps and DevOps techniques and technologies.
- A love for operational metrics including MTTD & MTTR and the capabilities and practices that allow these to be continually improved upon.
- A strong passion for automation and repeatable processes.
- Deep exposure to public cloud (GCP, AWS or Azure), Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience working with a mainstream programming language such as Java, Go, Python or Rust.
- Broad experience with modern CI/CD pipelines ( Gitlab, Jenkins, Argo etc).
- A fervent enthusiasm for infrastructure-as-code ( we love Terraform).
- Observability tooling such as Splunk, NewRelic, Prometheus, Grafana.
- Excellent understanding of OS, platform and network security practices, patterns and frameworks.
- Network topology and infrastructure architectures on Linux based platforms.
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.