Visual Designer - EMEA
Posted on Saturday, May 6, 2023
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
As a Visual Designer, you will spend the majority of your time working hands-on with the team on strategic and high-impact projects. You will collaborate with various departments such as Marketing, Brand, Strategy, Product, Product Design, and Creative Leadership to ensure the successful execution of multidisciplinary projects.
What You'll Do...
- Work closely with the Marketing team, drive high-quality designs that align with business goals and company branding.
- Collaborate to create strategic, high-impact projects spanning marketing campaigns, web, social, email, experiential, broadcast, and print.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of our Visual Design system, including colour, iconography, illustrations, microinteractions, and brand guidelines
- Embody a product thinking mindset: driving projects and approaching design problems with a profound understanding of product knowledge and business initiatives
- Partner with brand & marketing team members, content strategists, product owners, and product designers to translate business and marketing strategies into scalable creative campaign concepts.
- Ensure effective cross-functional collaboration between teams
- Develop visually stunning and engaging treatments and campaign identities for global brand marketing projects with an emphasis on craftsmanship and attention to detail
- Participate in a collaborative design process; concepts and moodboards through visual execution, while providing and receiving constructive feedback from stakeholders and team members
- Stay up-to-date with the creative landscape and trends within the design industry, continuously driving innovation within your work
Who You Are...
- A collaborative designer who works with various departments to create collateral aligned with business goals and the company brand
- A systematic thinker with project management mindset, someone who approaches business requirements with considerations for structure, guidelines, assets, and visual systems
- Experience working on a wide range of multifaceted visuals for various brand projects and comfortable with fast moving, iterative projects
- Self-motivated and self-sufficient with the ability to learn quickly and manage time effectively
- An excellent communicator with strong verbal and visual communication skills.
What You Bring...
- 5+ years of industry experience
- A university degree in design or a related field
- A portfolio showcasing work across mediums
- Expertise in typography, composition, colour, layout, design thinking, and content strategy, with the ability to define, build, and differentiate brands via visual systems
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Figma. Motion design is a plus
- Experience in running the visual assets for online and offline campaigns.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Iterative design process experience
- Knowledge of creative landscape and trends within the design industry
- An eye for cohesive visuals across fields like photography, illustration, and motion
- Experience in branding is a big plus
- Experience working on multidisciplinary projects, including brand, marketing, and business initiatives
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.
See more open positions at Airwallex
Something looks off?