Director of Talent Acquisition, Global
People & HR
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
The Director of Talent Acquisition will be responsible for driving key initiatives in the Talent Acquisition space as well as being a thought leader to our existing team members via driving excellent recruitment operations. You will be responsible for managing a high performing globally distributed Talent Acquisition team and ensuring technical and non-technical recruiting targets are met while optimising for diversity, efficiency and scalability. You’ll always have one eye on the future state of Talent Acquisition as we continue to scale towards an IPO.
Reporting to our Acting SVP of People & Talent, the focus of this role will be partnering with key stakeholders within the business and acting as the trusted advisor when it comes to talent attraction, talent pipelining and nurturing, interview training, employer branding, and market mapping. Success in this role is building a high powered team that is finding top talent for our open requisitions in a timely manner while creating a seamless candidate experience.
- Develop and implement global recruitment strategies to attract and retain top talent.
- Build and maintain recruitment operations and strategy to provide recruitment insights, trends, and recommendations.
- Partner with senior business leaders to understand their hiring needs and develop recruitment plans to meet those needs.
- Manage a global team of Talent Acquisition leads and recruiters and provide coaching and guidance to ensure the team is able to deliver on recruitment goals.
- Define and measure recruitment KPIs, metrics, and analytics to monitor recruitment performance and identify areas of improvement.
- Develop and maintain a pipeline of diverse, high-quality candidates for current and future hiring needs.
- Utilize data and analytics to measure and improve recruitment effectiveness and efficiency.
- Work collaboratively with Marketing, Communication, and the broader People teams to drive Employer Branding and Talent Attraction initiatives.
- You take ownership: you are happy to take ownership, but also lead and mentor team members.
- You understand numbers and use them to make decisions: you can go deep in numbers to understand recruitment funnels, channels, and bottlenecks and utilize that data to help your team.
- You grow scalable operations: by owning recruitment tools, data governance, and hygiene
- You are fast paced: with experience working in a tech company that is going through substantial growth
- You are a great multi-tasker: with the ability to influence using data and analytics and be a inspirational leader
- You are well rounded: you are just as happy closing a Head of Sales as you are closing an Full Stack Engineer
- You are a do-er: No task is too big or small, you are ready to help a business find the best people
- You are a storyteller: with a natural ability to take candidates on the company journey in an engaging manner
- 10+ years experience in Talent Acquisition / Recruitment. Experience in both tech and non-tech recruiting will be beneficial.
- 4+ years experience working for high growth international tech organizations.
- Experience leading a high performing global team.
- Hands-on recruitment experience across many role types including commercial, corporate, and engineering.
- Ability to build trust and relationships with leaders across the business to assist in building out their team’s hiring capabilities
- Experience developing and managing recruitment metrics, dashboards, and reports would be a strong plus.
- Exceptional business acumen and ability to build relationships and influence senior stakeholders and external partners.
- Strong analytical skills with experience using data to drive decision-making.
- Bachelor Degree holder or equivalent.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.