Director Corporate Affairs, Americas
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2023
Airwallex is a global payments fintech company transforming the way businesses move and manage money globally. We have built a global financial infrastructure platform to help businesses transact, collect and pay across 130+ countries and 50+ currencies, without the constraints of the traditional global financial system. We've grown to 13 global locations and have raised over $900 million in funding. To support our ambitious growth plans, we’re looking for smart, collaborative and passionate people who are looking to make a genuine impact.
Airwallex is redefining financial services in the digital economy with the world’s most powerful global financial infrastructure and operating system for modern businesses. As the company scales its reach and deepens its offer, we are looking for a seasoned corporate affairs leader to join the team as Associate Director of Corporate Affairs, Americas.
Reporting to the Global Head of Corporate Affairs, with a dotted line to the General Manager for Americas, you will play an instrumental role in helping to build Airwallex’s presence in the Americas region and promote and protect Airwallex’s reputation globally at a time of rapid expansion.
We seek a seasoned corporate communicator with public affairs, issues management, media relations and thought leadership expertise to help Airwallex further penetrate the crowded landscape in the US and across the Americas region through differentiated narratives, scrappy newsjacking and targeted stakeholder engagement.
Your role requires extensive communication engagement and relationship-building with external stakeholders including media, conference organizers, industry leaders, customers, analysts and regulators – as well as internal stakeholders across the company. This role will have significant c-suite exposure and requires executive presence, strategic sensibility and business savvy. You will also be representing Airwallex as a spokesperson with seniority and with credible knowledge of our business.
The ideal candidate has at least 15years experience, with a blend of agency and in-house roles, including experience in highly-regulated industries and B2B technology, prior fintech or payments experience preferred but not required.
As a leading member of our high-performing team, you will have an opportunity to join and strengthen our vision to shape Airwallex’s successful growth trajectory.
- Lead and implement a wide-ranging stakeholder communications and engagement strategy for Airwallex’s Americas business, focussing particularly on media and industry influencers
- Devise and implement a holistic engagement program that includes providing access to senior media contacts to strengthen Airwallex’s reputation
- Help shape the external profile of our global leadership and what they should be known for in the region, and how it fits into the company’s global corporate affairs strategy
- Contribute to and work with the Corporate Affairs team to update Airwallex’s messaging playbook including on key policy issues
- Represent Airwallex as a key spokesperson and manage all “press office” duties for the Americas region
- Proactively initiate campaigns including media placements and conference keynote opportunities to position Airwallex as a thought leader in tech and business. Partner deeply with marketing and sales colleagues for media and conference opportunities.
- Provide counsel as a trusted advisor, help assess reputational risk matters and handle sensitive and crisis communication
- Implement all external and internal communication efforts in Americas, including corporate, product, customer and partnership announcements
- Supervise agency relationships, provide guidance and optimize output
WHAT YOU BRING
- Solid domain knowledge in public affairs and policy development, media relations, internal and external communications
- Direct experience and working relationship with journalists, producers and editors
- Understanding of leading industry groups and other thought leading organizations in our space
- Proven track record and ability to deliver tangible outcomes
- Exceptional written and verbal communication ability, strong executive presence
- Strong management skills and proven ability to influence and collaborate across functions
- Experience working across international markets with a culturally diverse team
- Proven consensus building and interpersonal skills
- Comfort with ambiguity and the ability to problem solve, test and learn. The resilience to try and try again
- Comfortable in a fast-pace environment, highly-adaptable, able to reprioritize and change gears quickly
THE PERSON WHO WILL SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE IS
- A strategic thinker, do-er and self-starter who is able to operate at a high level to understand strategic objectives while not being afraid to roll up your sleeves to execute and implement with good attention to detail
- A quick learner who acts in real-time and able to problem-solve and respond to fast-changing situations
- A team player with excellent collaboration and interpersonal skills who knows how to adapt to different cultures and personalities
- A grounded person who exhibits high-degree of professional objectivity, integrity, awareness and maturity with values aligned to Airwallex’s
- A strong communicator and culture-carrier who is able to exert influence and impact with executives and senior leaders in the company
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We organize regular team building events, encourage hybrid/flexible working, and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard color, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters.
Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.
See more open positions at Airwallex
Something looks off?