Senior Data Engineer
Posted on Monday, June 19, 2023
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
At Airwallex, you will work closely with a group of talented engineers with a passion for learning through solving the most challenging problems with cutting-edge technology. In this Data Engineering role, you need to have systemic thinking with data content architectural design and will be building a metrics layer to handle data at a massive scale. And you will be building robust data modeling to produce high-quality, consistent, structured data for running business applications and enabling less tech-savvy colleagues to do self-service analytics. In short, you will make Airwallex to be a truly data-driven organization. We are looking for talented senior Data Engineers excited about redefining what it means to do Data Engineering. However, we also recognize that each Data Engineer has a unique blend of skills. Whether your strength is in data modeling or data processing, we want to talk to you.
- Work in a variety of settings to build systems that collect, manage, and convert raw data into usable information for data scientists and business analysts to interpret.
- Develop and automate large-scale, high-performance distributed data processing systems (batch/ streaming) to drive Airwallex business growth and improve the product experience.
- Evangelize high-quality software engineering practices toward building data infrastructure and pipelines at scale.
- Lead data engineering projects to ensure pipelines were reliable, efficient, testable, and maintainable and were largely in charge of architecting solutions.
- Design our data content models for optimal storage and retrieval and to meet critical product and business requirements.
- Contribute to shared Data Engineering tooling standards to improve the productivity and quality of output for Data Engineers across the company.
- 5+ years of relevant experience as a data engineer.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in CS/CE/CIS (or equivalent experience) with knowledge of Kotlin / Java / Scala / Python / SQL. Knowledge of Spring Boot, Spark, Flink, Hadoop, BigQuery, and Snowflake is preferred.
- Ability to take ownership of designing, building, and operating distributed systems and establishing overarching data architecture.
- Strong working knowledge of Real-time/Batch processing systems.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of Airwallex. At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. You’ll be offered a competitive salary and we also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events, encourage flexible/remote working and we give our people the freedom to be creative.