Strategic Partnerships, Manager (Senior) - EMEA
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Tuesday, June 20, 2023
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
We're looking for a Strategic Partnerships Senior Manager for EMEA (based in either Amsterdam or London), to join our team, and own our key strategic (commercial) relationships across the region, and globally. In this role, you will contribute to growing the company’s revenue and customer base via partnership networks and help us build Airwallex's position in the payments space and brand awareness.
- Lead, develop, own, refine, and implement a partnerships strategy that aligns with and supports our overall business vision
- Manage our most strategically important partnership opportunities in the region, both existing and new, and own executive-level relationships
- Understand the competitive landscape to ensure that Airwallex remains a ‘partner-of-choice’ and proactively present recommendations to executive management
- Executing strategically important partnership initiatives, aligned with the regional commercial objectives
- Coordinate due diligence processes with prospective partners and project-manage internal stakeholders through commercial, product and systems assessment
- Position yourself as an industry expert and establish relationships with potential partners and key decision-makers in the industry
- You will serve as a regional expert while keeping in mind our global footprint
Who you are:
- You are an exceptional communicator – being able to connect with people at all levels, both internally and with external stakeholders, and communicate project expectations effectively is critical
- You thrive under pressure – and work well with constant change and the ambiguity of a startup environment
- You have strong negotiation skills – to navigate complex commercial discussions to ensure the best outcome for Airwallex
- You have a strong network - of partners, experts and executives you have worked with over the years in a primarily partnerships role
- You have a minimum of 3 years of experience in a partnership role
- An understanding of the Payments industry is a nice to have
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.