Operations Associate, Financial Partnerships
Accounting & Finance, Sales & Business Development, Operations
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, July 27, 2023
Airwallex is a global payments fintech company transforming the way businesses move and manage money globally. We have built a global financial infrastructure platform to help businesses transact, collect and pay across 130+ countries and 50+ currencies, without the constraints of the traditional global financial system. We've grown to 13 global locations and have raised over $900 million in funding. To support our ambitious growth plans, we’re looking for smart, collaborative and passionate people who are looking to make a genuine impact.
As a Financial Partnerships Operations Associate for the Americas, you will be responsible for protecting Airwallex from financial losses and reputational damage caused by fraudulent activities, while ensuring compliance with regulations and maintaining the trust of customers and stakeholders. You will lead a balanced approach of assessing risk and merchant experience and look after the fraud risk management / investigations across all of our product offerings, including Issuing, Online Payments, Bank Collect and Payouts etc., across the Americas.
- A problem solver that enjoys ‘getting things done’ and finds ways to drive tangible outcomes
- A strategic thinker and analytical in your approach to developing strategies
- Able to synthesise and communicate in a simple but effective manner
- A collaborator working with people at all levels and across functions and cultures
- Open minded and has strong fast learning capability while navigating ambiguity and uncertainty
- Not afraid of taking up challenges and looking forward to grow with Airwallex Americas
- Always looking for better solutions and not willing to settle with status quo
- Support the Financial Partnerships team as Airwallex expands to new regions in the Americas, launches new products, and more
- Own and project manage the operational relationship with Financial Partners as they go through their lifecycle with Airwallex from go-to-market & integration to steady state. This includes tracking key documentation, working with product, and setting expectations with Financial Partners to ensure Financial Partners and Airwallex are set up for success
- Develop continuous process improvements across Financial Partnerships and the rest of Airwallex’s teams to enhance efficiency and effectiveness. This may involve building new processes, streamlining existing workflows, leveraging technology, and implementing best practices
- Own triaging any escalations or asks, especially on merchant issues, from Financial Partners to ensure they are resolved in a timely manner to meet KPIs
- Change management - Works on ensuring that scheme mandates/bulletins don't slip through the cracks, keeping close tabs of these new releases and requirements. Evaluate these new mandates/bulletins, how reasonable they are, negotiate waivers if possible in order to minimize engineering resourcing. KPI is in tracking how many incidents arose due to missed mandates/bulletins.
- Partner with Financial Partners for close change management and ensure any new releases and/or requirements enacted are executed properly by Product and Operations teams
- Generate and present reports and metrics to US senior management and Financial Partners as needed
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, such as financial institutions and industry associations
- At least 4 years of experience, preferably with a fast-growing tech startup
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills essential; Experienced with SQL is ap lus
- Experience in problem-solving, including the ability to recognize non-obvious patterns and out-of-the-box thinking;
- Has strong project management skills for improving processes, policies and products;
- Exceptional stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Self-starter that can identify and prioritise opportunities to focus on
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Technology, financial services and/or experience in a high-growth environment are advantageous
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment;
- Excellent team player capable of learning and sharing knowledge in a team environment
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We organize regular team building events, encourage hybrid/flexible working, and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard color, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters.
Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.