Financial Partnerships Operation Manager
Accounting & Finance, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Tuesday, August 8, 2023
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
Airwallex is a global payments fintech company transforming the way businesses move and manage money globally. We have built a global financial infrastructure platform to help businesses transact, collect and pay across 130+ countries and 50+ currencies, without the constraints of the traditional global financial system. We've grown to 13 global locations and have raised over $900 million in funding. To support our ambitious growth plans, we’re looking for smart, collaborative and passionate people who are looking to make a genuine impact.
We're looking for a Financial Partnerships Operation Manager to be based out of our Shanghai office. This role is key to managing and supporting our strategic relationships with banks and payments networks at Airwallex.
The ideal candidate is familiar with the payments industry, is a self-starter, can work independently, and can support existing partners management. The ability to work cross functionally with different internal teams is equally important for the role. Experience working with or knowledge of the operations of the global payment networks (Visa, Mastercard, etc.) and banking partners on payment acceptance or card issuing is a plus.
- Relationship management: Work with internal stakeholders to support the relationships with our banking and financial institution partners, devise and execute initiatives that support our various functional teams and increase their effectiveness
- Change management: Work on ensuring that scheme mandates/bulletins don't slip through the cracks, monitoring and evaluating these new releases and requirements and
- Scheme invoice management and Data analysis: Treat the pricing updates, update the Cost Engine and identity data variance
Case support - supporting merchant issues, working with banks/schemes to look into specific merchant cases and escalations
- Processes revamp: Design and execute strategies and processes that minimize touch points, improve efficiency, and supports the investigative strategy
- Communicate needs for Product enhancements: supporting new product implementation, new market expansion, new feature launch etc, collate feedback and define a prioritized list of product enhancements
- 5+ years of experience, preferably working within and/or partnering with financial institutions or in management consulting
- Analytical thinker – You like working with data, can create reports & processes with ease, and love to optimize
- Project management – You can prioritize effectively as well as lead multiple project workstreams concurrently and independently
- Track record of collaborating across teams – You can effectively partner with financial partners, product, engineer, commercial, etc.
- Strong communication skills - you’re able to articulate complex concepts in a simple way
- Self-starter – You spot opportunities to make things better and take ownership over them
- Startup, tech, financial services and/or experience in a high growth environment is preferred
- SQL and experience with BI tool (Tableau, Looker etc) preferred
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.