Financial Partnerships Operations Manager (EMEA)
Accounting & Finance, Sales & Business Development, Operations
Posted on Tuesday, August 8, 2023
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
About the role
Reporting to the Associate Director, EMEA Operations, you will help support the day-to-day operations of the Financial Partnerships team in EMEA and set the organisation up for scale. You will be responsible for managing communications with our external banking partners, while ensuring compliance with regulations and maintaining the trust of customers and stakeholders. You will lead a balanced approach of assessing risk and merchant experience across all of our product offerings, including Issuing, Online Payments, and Global Treasury & Payment Network. This is a great opportunity to join the team and help shape the next phase of Airwallex’s growth.
- A problem solver that enjoys ‘getting things done’ and driving tangible outcomes
- Strong in project management for improving processes, policies and products
- Able to synthesise and communicate in a simple but effective manner
- Open-minded and able to learn fast while navigating ambiguity
- Analytical in your approach to developing strategies
- A collaborator working with people across all levels, functions, and cultures
What you will be doing
- Support the Financial Partnerships team as Airwallex expands to new markets in EMEA
- Own and project manage the operational relationship with financial partners as they go through their lifecycle with Airwallex, from onboarding to integration to steady state
- Track prevailing rules and regulations, and upcoming changes for schemes, banks, PSPs, and APMs
- Develop continuous process improvements to enhance efficiency and effectiveness. This may involve building new processes, streamlining existing workflows, leveraging technology, and implementing best practices
- Own triaging any escalations or requests to ensure they are resolved in a timely manner to meet KPIs
- Support on fraud investigations and requests through coordinating with legal and compliance teams
- Coordinate regular due diligence sessions with Financial Crime Compliance teams
- Partner with financial partners for close change management and ensure any new releases and/or requirements are executed properly by product and operations teams
- Generate and present reports to senior management and financial partners as needed.
What you will bring
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- At least 4 years of experience, preferably with a fast-growing tech startup or top-tier financial institution/consulting firm
- Excellent attention to detail
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills, including proficiency with relevant tools (e.g., Excel, Looker)
- The ability to think critically and creatively, balancing growth and risk
- Experience collaborating with a wide range of stakeholders
- The ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.