Site Reliability Engineer
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, September 7, 2023
Airwallex is a global payments fintech company transforming the way businesses move and manage money globally. We have built a global financial infrastructure platform to help businesses transact, collect and pay across 130+ countries and 50+ currencies, without the constraints of the traditional global financial system. We've grown to 13 global locations and have raised over $900 million in funding. To support our ambitious growth plans, we’re looking for smart, collaborative and passionate people who are looking to make a genuine impact.
What you'll do:
As a Site Reliability Engineer you will be responsible for driving quality, stability and scalability across the Airwallex platform. This is a new initiative focused on using data and AI to improve the quality of support and product we offer our users.
Your passion and drive will be focussed around the key metrics of MTTD and MTTR. Working across our microservices architecture you will ensure we have the necessary capabilities in place across logging, operational monitoring, anomaly detection and alerting in order to identify issues before they impact our customers. You'll help debug complex issues to build a better understanding of how they occur, then help implement changes to prevent them happening again.
This position is based in our San Francisco office on a hybrid schedule 3 days a week. This role will require coordination with counterparts in EMEA and APAC, which will impact working hours.
- Own incident management processes in region with the ability to get hands on when required, while tracking issues from detection to remediation
- Develop new tooling and dashboards to help understand our service availability, key customer experience metrics, and identify issues before our customers notice them
- Create and implement processes and solutions to resolve problems faster and provide efficient incident management and customer experience
- Monitor customer service metrics, evaluate customer experience and satisfaction, and provide meaningful reports and analysis on how and where we should improve
- Develop cross-functional relationships with key stakeholders within the company including engineering, customer operations, product and commercial teams
- Adaptable and creative - At least 6 years experience working in a customer facing or consulting role.
- Committed – you strive to produce high quality results that meet customer needs
- A team player– you enjoy working in a collaborative environment with smart and innovative people, you enjoy creating and sharing knowledge among the team.
- Naturally curious – always asking why to better understand our customer needs.
- A passionate problem solver – You love digging deep and brainstorming with colleagues in order to come up with the best solution for a problem
- At least 3 years of experience in modern engineering practices focused on continuous integration and quality engineering, preferably with experience in the SRE field
- Serious troubleshooting skills across different levels of the stack
- A commitment to producing high quality and tested solutions
- Java or Kotlin, Spring / Spring Boot
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We organize regular team building events, encourage hybrid/flexible working, and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard color, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters.
Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.