Growth Data Science Lead (Role is based in Singapore)
Sales & Business Development, Data Science
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, October 5, 2023
Airwallex is a global payments fintech company transforming the way businesses move and manage money globally. We have built a global financial infrastructure platform to help businesses transact, collect and pay across 130+ countries and 50+ currencies, without the constraints of the traditional global financial system. We've grown to 13 global locations and have raised over $900 million in funding. To support our ambitious growth plans, we’re looking for smart, collaborative and passionate people who are looking to make a genuine impact.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Manage and grow a globally distributed growth data science team to develop machine learning models, run experiments / causal analyses, and deliver insights to shape Airwallex’s growth strategy
• Perform as a strategic thought leader for Data Science, Marketing, Growth Product, Engineering, and cross-functional teams to inform, influence, support, and execute GTM strategy and investment decisions
• 8+ years industry experience and an advanced degree (PhD or MS) in a quantitative field (e.g. Statistics, Engineering, Sciences, Computer Science, Economics)
• 2+ years of management experience in data science or other relevant quantitative functions
• 5+ years of experience communicating the results of analyses to leadership teams and cross-functional teams to influence the strategy
• Passion for management and creating opportunities for career growth for team members
• Demonstrated ability to create, drive and execute impactful data roadmaps for the business
• Technical mentorship experience with machine learning and experimentation in an industry setting
• Expert in data querying languages (e.g. SQL), scripting languages (e.g. Python), and/or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R); experience in schema design and dimensional data modeling a plus
• Experience in technology, financial services and/or a high growth environment is advantageous
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We organize regular team building events, encourage hybrid/flexible working, and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard color, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters.
Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.