Senior Counsel, Product Legal, Americas
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, October 20, 2023
Airwallex is a global payments fintech company transforming the way businesses move and manage money globally. We have built a global financial infrastructure platform to help businesses transact, collect and pay across 130+ countries and 50+ currencies, without the constraints of the traditional global financial system. We've grown to 13 global locations and have raised over $900 million in funding. To support our ambitious growth plans, we’re looking for smart, collaborative and passionate people who are looking to make a genuine impact.
We’re looking for an experienced, creative, and highly collaborative Product Counsel to support the continued expansion of Airwallex’s products and services into the Americas. In this role, you’ll work side-by-side with our product development teams around the world, as well as with our global Product Legal and wider legal and compliance teams, on new product launches, key go-to-market initiatives, and improvements to existing product lines. If you’re a seasoned fintech lawyer who’s excited about working in an international environment and launching a wide range of products in some of our most important new markets, this role could be a great fit for you.
What You'll Do:
- Partner with Airwallex’s dynamic, globally distributed product development teams as they develop, launch, and continuously improve Airwallex’s products and services in the US, Canada, and greater Americas region
- Become an expert in Airwallex’s unique product platform and offerings, as well as in the company’s technology, operations, and regulatory and compliance obligations, to provide strategic and practical legal advice
- Advise on, and collaborate with the business to resolve, a wide range of legal and regulatory issues related to payments and financial services
- Work closely and effectively with Airwallex’s global legal, compliance, and risk teams on product launches and related projects that involve multiple jurisdictions
- Effectively manage outside counsel in the US, Canada, and other jurisdictions
- Coordinate multiple stakeholders, such as cross-functional partners and subject matter experts within the legal and compliance teams, in support of new product launches and existing product development work
- Make positive contributions to the culture of the Airwallex legal team, the US team, and the company as a whole
What you’ll bring:
- At least 8 years of experience as a practicing attorney, preferably in the areas of financial services product and/or regulatory counseling, financial services litigation and disputes, or government enforcement
- Experience at a fintech, financial services regulatory agency, or high-growth and/or globally distributed company is a strong plus
- Admission to the State Bar of California or status as Registered In-House Counsel
- Excellent communication skills, the ability to explain complex legal concepts to various audiences, and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple complex projects
- High motivation and the ability to operate independently and pivot quickly within a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- A learner’s mentality: you are consistently looking to take on new and diverse challenges and expand your knowledge beyond your current areas of expertise
- A collaborative and empathetic mindset, a good sense of humor, and a keen understanding of how to work effectively with colleagues from different teams and backgrounds
- J.D. degree (or foreign equivalent) from a reputable law school
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We organize regular team building events, encourage hybrid/flexible working, and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard color, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters.
Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.