KYC Onboarding Operations Lead
Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2023
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
- Team Leadership: Lead and develop a team of KYC and onboarding analysts and operators to ensure we deliver the best possible onboarding experience while mitigating risks.
- KYC Screening: Conduct Know Your Customer screenings on customers, ensuring compliance with Australian KYC regulations particularly for complex cases. This involves verifying the identity of customers and assessing their risk profiles.
- Build Processes: Together with product teams (or on your own!), build new internal processes that will positively impact the onboarding experience for new prospects.
- Stakeholder Management: Communicate with customers and internal stakeholders, offering clear and concise information to guide them through the onboarding process and address their inquiries.
- Global Operations: Contribute to shaping and executing our global operations processes, collaborating with teams in different offices across the world.
Qualities and Skills:
- Data-Driven: You eat data for breakfast and have a structured approach to problem-solving
- Builder. You can build processes and automations from the ground up
- Customer-Centric: You truly care about providing a great customer experience, but without sacrificing risk
- Details, details, details: You have a keen eye for detail, crucial for compliance and accuracy in the KYC process
- AML/KYC Knowledge (Bonus): While not essential, having prior knowledge or experience in Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and KYC processes can be a plus
We are looking for someone who:
- wants to make a meaningful impact through their work
- never settles with the status quo and always seeks better solutions
- is a genuine truth-seeker, able to speak up while staying humble
- 6+ years of experience, preferably with a fast growing tech startup or top-tier strategy/management consulting or equivalent
- Extremely strong analytical skills (spreadsheets mastery is a minimum)
- Strong problem solving skills essential
- Self-starter that can identify and prioritise opportunities to focus on
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Technology, financial services and/or experience in a high growth environment is advantageous
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Life at Airwallex:
💸We commit to industry-leading salaries and rewards
💲We share our business success through every employee receiving equity
💻 Two epic working spaces in the heart of Melbourne and Sydney
💳 Your own Airwallex Virtual Card, with $1000 per year to spend on physical, lifestyle, health, or charitable donations
🥗On-site snacks, think fully stocked fridges, beers, ice-creams
🧘Access to our mental wellness platform to provide personalised, private support, including coaching and EAP sessions
🎂 Enjoy a paid day off on your birthday to celebrate YOU
👪Generous parental leave, baby bonding leave, and pregnancy loss leaves
💵Paid community and volunteer leave
💸Generous Employee Referral Program rewards for referring top talent
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.