Senior Manager, Operations Strategy (FinCrimes Operations) US
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, November 3, 2023
Airwallex is a global payments fintech company transforming the way businesses move and manage money globally. We have built a global financial infrastructure platform to help businesses transact, collect and pay across 130+ countries and 50+ currencies, without the constraints of the traditional global financial system. We've grown to 13 global locations and have raised over $900 million in funding. To support our ambitious growth plans, we’re looking for smart, collaborative and passionate people who are looking to make a genuine impact.
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
As part of our Operations Strategy team, you’ll be responsible for strengthening our global risk control strategy, driving key strategic initiatives across the globe and striving for the right balance of business growth, customer experience as well as our risk control bottom line. You are a self-starter and independent thinker with exceptional analytical and communication skills, capable of solving complex problems that will drive the evolution of our business.
* Someone who enjoys ‘getting things done’ and finds ways to drive tangible outcomes
* A strategic thinker and analytical in your approach to developing strategies
* Success-oriented and hold yourself accountable for delivering key outcomes
* Someone who works collaboratively with people at all levels and across functions and cultures
* Someone with the ability to synthesize and communicate in a simple but effective manner
* Identify and drive strategic projects around Airwallex’s financial crime risk mitigation framework
* Take a data driven approach to problem solving
* Work across functions to ensure stakeholder alignment and deliver desired outcomes
* Prepare and update materials covering divisional performance and project progress, highlighting progress towards goals, key risks and dependencies
* Handle special projects and ad hoc incoming requests, including deep dives on issues identified by leadership or functional teams
* 6-8 years of experience, preferably with a fast growing tech startup or top-tier strategy/management consulting firm or equivalent
* Strong analytical skills and experience with SQL
* Strong problem solving skills essential
* Exceptional stakeholder management and influencing skills
* Self-starting abilities - you can identify and prioritize opportunities to focus on
* A good understanding of global compliance risk (AML, Sanctions etc.)
* Excellent written and verbal communication as well as presentation skills
* Technology, financial services and/or experience in a high growth environment
* A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We organize regular team building events, encourage hybrid/flexible working, and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard color, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters.
Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.