Senior Manager, Marketing Automation
Marketing & Communications
Posted on Sunday, November 19, 2023
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
Airwallex is seeking a talented and experienced Marketing Automation Manager to join our Marketing Strategy & Operations team. In this role, you will play a crucial part in developing and executing automated marketing campaigns to drive customer acquisition, engagement, and retention. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker with a strong background in marketing automation platforms, data analysis, and campaign optimisation.
You will join the Airwallex Marketing team during a critical period. Following rapid growth, we are building a team that enables both global consistency in process, tooling and methodology and local flexibility and speed in execution. This is a great opportunity to join that team, and help shape the next phase of Airwallex’s growth.
What you will be doing:
- Marketing Automation Strategy:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive marketing automation strategy aligned with Airwallex's business objectives.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (Lifecycle, Growth, Content.) to understand marketing goals and create automated workflows that measurably improve customer experience and conversion.
- Manage and optimize our marketing automation platform (e.g. Marketo) to ensure efficient campaign execution, database hygiene, integration health and lead nurturing.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and updates to continuously enhance platform capabilities.
- Collaborate with content, design, and demand generation teams to support targeted and personalised automated campaigns.
- Utilize data-driven insights to optimize campaign performance and enhance the overall customer journey.
- Develop and implement audience segmentation strategies to deliver personalized content to key customer segments.
- Work closely with analytics teams to leverage data insights for effective targeting.
- Conduct A/B testing on campaigns to improve engagement rates, conversion, and overall performance.
- Implement best practices for email deliverability and ensure compliance with relevant regulations (e.g., GDPR).
- Establish KPIs and metrics to measure the effectiveness of marketing automation campaigns.
- Provide regular reports and insights to the marketing leadership team, making data-driven recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Train marketing team members on marketing automation best practices.
- Maintain documentation of workflows, processes, and platform configurations.
Segmentation and Targeting:
Testing and Optimization:
Analytics and Reporting:
Training and Documentation:
What You Bring:
- Proven experience in marketing automation platforms (e.g., Marketo, Pardot, SFMC).
- Familiarity with enterprise CRM systems and integration with marketing automation tools.
- Excellent project management and communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and generate actionable insights.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, or equivalent experience.
It's great if you have:
- Certification in marketing automation platforms is a plus
- Other experience in related marketing technology platforms (eg. CDPs, testing tools)
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.