Associate Events Coordinator
Bitwise Asset Management
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Saturday, July 29, 2023
Applicants must reside in San Francisco/Bay Area or New York City
It’s not very often that a new asset class is born. But that’s exactly what we’re witnessing today with the rise of crypto.
Over just the last four years, crypto has evolved from an embryonic $50B market to a young-but-growing $1+ trillion market today. At Bitwise, we think it’s just getting started. In fact, we believe crypto has reached a turning point and is headed north of $10T over the next few years. Along the way, we expect there to be risks, pitfalls, and uncertainty — much like there was during the rise of the Web, of cloud computing, and of apps. But we also expect there will be great opportunities, and millions of people wanting to participate in the potential upside.
Our goal at Bitwise is to help busy investors understand and access the opportunities emerging in the cryptocurrency asset class. We want all those who so desire to be able to come along for the ride in a secure and simple manner, and to be able to benefit from the role crypto exposure can play in pursuing their investment objectives.
Today is an exciting moment for Bitwise as a firm. In 2021 we crossed $1B in AUM and are growing quickly with a suite of leading crypto index funds spanning large-cap crypto assets (ticker: BITW), DeFi, NFTs, Metaverse, and more to come. We also created the index behind the world’s first crypto industry equities ETF. We focus on serving investment professionals — financial advisors, family offices, hedge funds, endowments, foundations, and others — the people entrusted to look after the capital and savings of individuals and institutions across the country. We provide education, partnership, and professionally managed investment products tailored to this group’s needs, to help them build their view, pick their strategy, and get their exposure.
Currently, Bitwise is a close-knit team of 60+ professionals. Think of us as a mix of an asset manager and a tech start-up. Our backgrounds combine technology expertise with decades of experience in asset management and indexing, coming from firms including BlackRock, Wealthfront, J.P. Morgan, IndexIQ, ETF.com, Blackstone, Meta, and Google, as well as the U.S. Attorney’s Office. We’re backed by some of the most accomplished investors in venture capital and veterans of the financial services world. We love working together, we love what we do, and we’re excited about what’s ahead.
We’re looking for an exceptional individual to join our team and take on important responsibilities to help Bitwise scale. You will report to the Head of Field Marketing and will play a key role in the execution of Bitwise’s Field Marketing program. There will be a lot to learn, a huge impact to be had, and some lifelong relationships to be built along the way.
What You Will Do
- You will run point on the execution of conferences, trade shows, and in-market field events, including attending events to provide on-site support.
- You will support strategic content development, planning, and execution of webinars and virtual events.
- You will work across nearly all parts of the business, ensuring tight collaboration with Sales, Research, Marketing, Investor Relations, and the executive team.
- You will get opportunities to contribute to and lead projects across social media marketing, partnerships, and performance marketing.
- You will help manage the firm’s relationships with external event partners.
- You will coordinate with our warehouse and printing fulfillment vendors to manage the creation and delivery of brand assets.
- You will work closely with our legal and compliance team to ensure event material is properly reviewed and aligned with regulatory standards.
- You will contribute ideas and recommendations to Bitwise’s overall field marketing strategy.
- You will work closely with Marketing Operations to ensure that our systems support our strategy, as well as to measure and report event success.
- You will manage large and complex projects effectively, utilizing budget and resources wisely to drive real business impact.
- You will plug into the wider marketing community and stay up to date on the latest trends, processes and technologies, striving always for a best-in-class field marketing program.
Who You Are
- You have 3+ years of experience working full-time on the planning and execution of out-of-home events.
- You are up for joining a small, fast-growing firm.
- You have the willingness and enthusiasm to learn new topics and be flexible in a rapidly evolving company and space. And you’re excited to go all in on crypto.
- You have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- You have executed a broad range of event types, such as customer conferences, trade shows, and/or in-market field events.
- You have successfully hosted at least one multi-day customer conference with at least 50 participants.
- You are excited to plan and execute webinars or digital events.
- You have familiarity with how a marketing automation platform (MAP) such as HubSpot and a CRM such as Salesforce are leveraged by marketing and sales organizations.
- You have a proven ability to achieve results working cross-functionally with sales, marketing, customer success, and executive teams.
- You have exceptional time management, organization, and self-motivation. Your work ethic is a source of pride. You know how to prioritize tasks and deliver projects on time.
- You are a great communicator and can convey details with clarity and coherence.
- You are team-centric and care deeply about cultivating relationships with colleagues.
- Your style is like ours: high-energy, positive, caring, deliberate, self-aware, curious and open-minded, inclined to take ownership to get the best outcome but happy to transfer or share ownership with others.
- You’re excited about 25-50% domestic travel.
- You are proficient with Google Workspace, Excel/Google Sheets, and PowerPoint/Keynote, and are willing to learn Asana, Slack, etc.
What We Offer
- Compensation: $105,00 - 115,000 salary, + equity
- Equity compensation as a component of all offers
- Health insurance, including dental and vision plans
- Health, Dependent Care and Commuter Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life insurance; short- and long-term disability plans
- Company-funded 401k plan, no matching required
- Unlimited PTO
- 10 paid company-wide holidays
- Office spaces in San Francisco and New York
- Meals and snacks provided in office
- Paid company cell phone or monthly stipend
- Bitwise “Buddy” Program (30-day new-hire success program)
- Annual birthday and anniversary gifts
- Company-wide events
Bitwise is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team of people with a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. It is the policy of Bitwise to ensure equal opportunity. All candidates are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.