Senior Fund Accountant
The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to create more owners.
Carta is trusted by more than 30,000 companies and over half a million employees in nearly 150 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports over 5,000 funds representing over $100B in assets under administration with their venture capital solutions. Carta’s liquidity solutions have returned $13B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today Carta’s platform manages over two trillion dollars in equity for nearly two million people globally. Companies and funds like Canva, Tribe, and Pipe build their businesses on Carta.
The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company's Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. We’ve also been recognized as a 2023 Built In Best Place to Work in the U.S. and a Muse VIBE Award winner in the Vacation and Time Off category.
For more information about our offices and culture, check out our Carta careers page.
The Team You’ll Work With
You will be part of a vibrant team that has a diverse skill set, works closely, innovates and celebrates together. We strive to provide first-class experience to our clients, while digitizing and automating every aspect of our fund services. Working in the Venture Funds team, you will learn to tackle complex challenges and support venture capitalists in the administration of their fund. In 2022, Vauban officially joined the Carta team; Vauban was founded with a vision of changing finance for good by leveraging the power of equity for the benefit of all, and found a shared vision at Carta whose mission is to create more owners. Read more about our shared vision here.
The Problems You’ll Solve
- Perform fund administration and accounting tasks that include but are not limited to handling investors transactions, preparing capital calls, producing NAVs (capital accounts, financial reports) and preparing annual financial statements
- Enhance our fund accounting processes by working closely with our Product and Engineering teams to implement improvements and pave the way towards automated fund administration
- Tackle challenges head on as you’ll be at the intersection of law, accounting and finance, regulation and tax
- Proactively share knowledge with team members on how we can best automate our fund structures to strengthen our processes and improve our products overall to provide a unique experience to our clients
- Have a can-do attitude and eagerness to learn in a start-up environment
- Have prior work experience in the preparation of fund accounts and financial statements in accordance with IFRS
- Strong understanding of complex fund accounting mechanisms
- Provide audit support
- Hold a numerical Bachelor’s degree, preferably within Accountancy/Finance
- Have an in-depth knowledge and interest in the Venture Capital and Start up ecosystem
- Be a part-qualified ACA/ACCA accountant (not essential)
Something looks off?