VC Treasury Analyst
The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to create more owners.
Carta is trusted by more than 30,000 companies and over half a million employees in nearly 150 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports over 5,000 funds representing over $100B in assets under administration with their venture capital solutions. Carta’s liquidity solutions have returned $13B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today Carta’s platform manages over two trillion dollars in equity for nearly two million people globally. Companies and funds like Canva, Tribe, and Pipe build their businesses on Carta.
The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company's Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. We’ve also been recognized as a 2023 Built In Best Place to Work in the U.S. and a Muse VIBE Award winner in the Vacation and Time Off category.
For more information about our offices and culture, check out our Carta careers page.
The Team You’ll Work With
You’ll be joining our VC Deals and Implementations Team as a VC Treasury Analyst. Carta’s London and Denmark locations are a product of our 2022 acquisition of Capdesk and Vauban, both companies having a goal to close the equity gap across the U.K. and Europe. Now operating as one global Carta entity, our London and Denmark locations will work to enhance the Carta Venture Capital product suite with Capdesk and Vauban as proprietary products. Click the links to read more about the acquisition of Capdesk from Carta and Vauban from Carta.
We are actively seeking a talented and motivated Venture Capital Treasury Analyst to join our thriving team. As a Treasury Analyst, you will play a crucial role in managing the cash flow and money movement for our Venture Capital funds. Your primary responsibilities will be processing client money movement requests while optimizing our treasury workflows.
You will collaborate closely with internal and external teams to ensure effective capital deployment and efficient money movement. Additionally, you will contribute to the development and implementation of treasury process flows.
The ideal candidate for this position will have 1-2 years of relevant experience in finance, treasury management, banking, or investor services. You should possess strong analytical skills, a solid understanding of bank processes, and the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment. You should have an ability to communicate information in a timely, appropriate manner to all relevant stakeholders; solve problems consistently and creatively; and work in a fast-paced, complex work environment, constantly seeking ways to better their process.
If you are a proactive, detail-oriented professional with a passion for venture capital and a drive to succeed, we would love to hear from you.
The Problems You’ll Solve
- Responsible for managing cash flow and money movement for Venture Capital funds.
- Process client money movement requests and optimize treasury workflows.
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to ensure effective capital deployment.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of treasury process flows.
The Impact You’ll Have
You will have the opportunity to structure deals on behalf of the most talented venture capitalists, fund managers and dealmakers in the world. You will help them realize their ambitions of supporting the companies of tomorrow through our next-gen investment stack (including legals, vehicle formation, banking, investor onboarding and much more).
- Demonstrated proficiency in money movement/ cash reconciliation with attention to detail and accuracy.
- A solid understanding of banking processes, treasury operations, and cash flow management is crucial. Proficiency in processing money movement requests, optimizing treasury workflows, and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements is highly valued.
- An ability to communicate information in a timely, appropriate manner to all relevant stakeholders; solve problems consistently and creatively; and work in a fast-paced, complex work environment, constantly seeking ways to better their process. The ability to present findings, reports, and recommendations to senior management and clients is key.
- Client success sparks joy! You are proactive and resourceful in delivering positive outcomes every single day
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and deadlines efficiently in a fast-paced environment. Attention to detail and the ability to work independently while maintaining a high level of accuracy are important for success in this role.
Carta’s compensation package includes a market competitive salary, equity for all full time roles, exceptional benefits, and, for applicable roles, commissions plans. Our minimum cash compensation (salary + commission if applicable) range for this role is:
- $75,000.00 - $85,000.00 in New York City, NY
Final offers may vary from the amount listed based on geography, candidate experience and expertise, and other factors.
Something looks off?