Head of GTM Operations
The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to create more owners.
Carta is trusted by more than 30,000 companies and over half a million employees in nearly 150 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports over 5,000 funds representing over $100B in assets under administration with their venture capital solutions. Carta’s liquidity solutions have returned $13B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today Carta’s platform manages over two trillion dollars in equity for nearly two million people globally. Companies and funds like Canva, Tribe, and Pipe build their businesses on Carta.
The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company's Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. We’ve also been recognized as a 2023 Built In Best Place to Work in the U.S. and a Muse VIBE Award winner in the Vacation and Time Off category.
For more information about our offices and culture, check out our Carta careers page.
The Team You’ll Work With
You’ll be joining our Operations team as our Head of GTM Operations. The role will lead efforts and strategy to form a GTM operations organization (today we have separate sales ops, marketing ops, and reporting spread across several orgs). As a high growth SaaS company, Carta has grown very quickly with multiple complex sales offerings with multiple different buyers, and has sacrificed end-to-end process efficiency for speed and growth. The company has now reached a size where cadence, process, data, and systems are needed to support the ambitious scaling plans of the business.
All of the GTM leadership is based in San Francisco, so the role would ideally be SF based but could potentially be in one of our supporting offices in Salt Lake City, Seattle, or New York City.
The Problems You’ll Solve
The Head of GTM Operations will report to our COO, and will work closely with our CRO, CMO, and CDO leadership and technology teams to evolve the operations teams from tactical and siloed support functions to strategic partners, building out a SaaS GTM operating model.
- Evaluate, assess, and optimize GTM growth strategies with the GTM strategy team, including efficiency and productivity of current sales strategy
- Define and build GTM operational cadence from bottom-to-top, including key GTM dashboards across all revenue functions, so each level of management is looking holistically at their business
- Drive growth and profitability across each GTM operations function
- Develop recommendations for optimal sales coverage and segmentation models, compensation plans, hiring plans, and sales strategies to help accelerate growth
- Manage and develop a growing team of Sales and Marketing Ops, Enablement, and Data Insights professionals
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Product, Marketing, Sales, Delivery, Analytics, Finance, and other teams to maximize GTM results quarter over quarter
- Define a POV on the GTM technology and process architecture working closely with the GTM Tech team
At Carta, you’re not just an employee. You’re a builder who is creating infrastructure that accelerates innovation and empowers more ownership. Cartans are helpful, relentless, unconventional and kind; representing Carta’s Identity Traits. They work collaboratively and cross functionally to challenge the status quo; working towards a common goal of creating more owners in the private markets.
A successful candidate will have:
- Success in a senior revenue operations & strategy leadership role at a $200M+ high growth technology company
- Experience leading a team of 20+ operations team members
- Global experience owning and planning across multiple international teams
- Experience scaling or evolving operations, strategy and/or enablement through high growth
- Ownership of operations across the full sales cycle - new business, renewals and expansion.
- We are looking for a leader who has been in this role previously in a company of similar size to Carta, and has had measurable and referenceable success partnering with C-level leaders while building a high performing teams
Carta’s compensation package includes a market competitive salary, equity for all full time roles, exceptional benefits, and, for applicable roles, commissions plans. Our minimum cash compensation (salary + commission if applicable) range for this role is:
- $311,250-$415,000 in [San Francisco and New York]