Director, Sales - Private Equity and Alternative Assets
The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to create more owners.
Carta is trusted by more than 30,000 companies and over half a million employees in nearly 150 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports over 5,000 funds representing over $100B in assets under administration with their venture capital solutions. Carta’s liquidity solutions have returned $13B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today Carta’s platform manages over two trillion dollars in equity for nearly two million people globally. Companies and funds like Canva, Tribe, and Pipe build their businesses on Carta.
The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company's Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. We’ve also been recognized as a 2023 Built In Best Place to Work in the U.S. and a Muse VIBE Award winner in the Vacation and Time Off category.
For more information about our offices and culture, check out our Carta careers page.
The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid. We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners. At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
The Team You’ll Work With
Carta’s LLC team has developed an ownership management platform exclusively for Private Equity Firms and their portfolio company management teams. This includes the first and only Advanced Scenario Modeling tool capable of handling the most complex Private Equity waterfalls, empowering deal teams, valuations teams and management teams to get out of excel and improve accuracy and time to insight for some of their most important strategic decisions. At the same time, the team has also extended this platform to a variety of other LLCs. These include portfolio companies from other alternative asset funds (eg. Real estate, Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy etc..) and operating LLCs like manufacturing companies or RIA firms.
Over the past several years we’ve seen considerable success across both these fronts. In PE, we’re now pursuing a new and exciting opportunity working with Private Equity Firms as a direct customer. For other LLCs, we’re reinvesting in our GTM motion to find new growth verticals for us to target and go after. As the Sales Director for the LLC team, you’ll join a small cross-functional team to strategically navigate the complexities and opportunities across both of these fronts.
The Problems You’ll Solve
You will create alignment across both the LLC Leadership and Carta Executive teams on the GTM strategy and execution for this business. The primary problem set to solve is simply growing new business (first derivative of month-over-month and year-over-year net new ARR growth).
- Partnering with cross functional teams (including Product Management, Product Marketing, Revenue Operations, and Business Operations) to drive full funnel and sale cycle optimization and growth
- Driving holistic GTM motion where Marketing, Channel and Sales are all operating as one team, driving to a common goal of increasing ARR and market share
- Managing this across different deal cycles, business models and customer personas
- Continuously improving GTM productivity and leverage
- Collaborating with Product team to identify the right market signals to further improve and increase the value proposition
- You have a track record of not only leading a quota-carrying Sales team, but of exceeding quota yourself.
- You also have experience leading Sales or Business Development teams and managing across multiple business lines and sales cycles.
- You have experience with, and potentially existing contacts within, the private capital markets community (lawyers, investors, bankers, accountants, etc.) as well as within the General Partner / Limited Partner / Founder community.
- You are a strong communicator with presentation and networking skills, specifically experience meeting with C-level executives and decision makers. You understand the SaaS business model, and may even have experience working in and/or are passionate about the venture capital and start-up ecosystem.
Carta’s compensation package includes a market competitive salary, equity for all full time roles, exceptional benefits, and for applicable roles, commissions plans. Our expected cash compensation (salary + commission if applicable) range for this role starts at:
- $170,000 base in New York City, NY
- $170,000 base in San Francisco, CA
Final offers may vary from the amount listed based on geography, candidate experience and expertise, and other factors.