The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to create more owners.
Carta is trusted by more than 30,000 companies and over half a million employees in nearly 150 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports over 5,000 funds representing over $100B in assets under administration with their venture capital solutions. Carta’s liquidity solutions have returned $13B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today Carta’s platform manages over two trillion dollars in equity for nearly two million people globally. Companies and funds like Canva, Tribe, and Pipe build their businesses on Carta.
The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company's Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. We’ve also been recognized as a 2023 Built In Best Place to Work in the U.S. and a Muse VIBE Award winner in the Vacation and Time Off category.
For more information about our offices and culture, check out our Carta careers page.
The Team You’ll Work With
Carta’s dynamic Sourcing & Procurement Team is looking for an experienced procurement professional to support various strategic sourcing & procurement related activities. The Procurement Specialist will serve as an essential contributor to enhancing and scaling Carta’s source to pay processes. This team member will report to the Procurement Team’s Senior Manager. The successful candidate for this position will be highly motivated, prepared to adapt to a fast paced environment, and has understanding of indirect sourcing and procurement concepts.
The Problems You’ll Solve
- Build and develop partnerships with Carta’s business stakeholders, helping them to deliver on key initiatives and contribute to the overall success of Carta
- Working collaboratively with cross functional teams to execute procurement activities to ensure Carta gets favorable business and commercial terms.
- Analyzing Carta’s current spend and supplier base and ensuring our vendors are delivering value out of our current investments.
- Work closely with Carta’s Strategic finance team on spending metrics and budgets to maximize cost-efficiency.
- Drive purchasing decisions based on cost and scenario analysis
- Proactively manage upcoming procurement actions such as project timelines, contract renewals, notices, and negotiations.
- Prepare and issue RFPs, request quotes, and negotiate purchase terms and conditions, and issue purchase orders
- Influence stakeholders to participate in procurement processes & best practices to ensure compliance
- Bachelor’s Degree with 3+ years of experience in indirect procurement, strategic sourcing, and vendor management.
- Ability to analyze data and effectively communicate interpretations and recommendations.
- Ability to develop, cultivate, and maintain complex working internal stakeholder/customer relationships.
- Experience and understanding of the procure-to-pay processes
- Quantitative modeling skills using Excel or other data tools.
- Comprehensive knowledge of contract negotiation and procurement methodologies.
- A strategic thinker focused on improving efficiencies, scale, and minimizing company risk.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Procurement experience in software, marketing/events, facilities, professional services, people & staff augmentation services strongly preferred
- Experience in the technology industry
- Experience within a procurement function at a financial technology, broker-dealer, bank, or other financial services firm.
- Experience with Coupa, Productiv and/or Zip
- Degree with a major in one of the following: Operations, Supply Chain Management, Information Systems, Industrial Engineering, Finance, Business Management