Account Manager, Venture Capital
The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to create more owners.
Carta is trusted by more than 30,000 companies and over half a million employees in nearly 150 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports over 5,000 funds representing over $100B in assets under administration with their venture capital solutions. Carta’s liquidity solutions have returned $13B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today Carta’s platform manages over two trillion dollars in equity for nearly two million people globally. Companies and funds like Canva, Tribe, and Pipe build their businesses on Carta.
The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company's Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. We’ve also been recognized as a 2023 Built In Best Place to Work in the U.S. and a Muse VIBE Award winner in the Vacation and Time Off category.
For more information about our offices and culture, check out our Carta careers page.
The Team You’ll Work With
We’re looking for exceptional Account Managers to own and grow portfolios of existing customers. This includes upselling existing products, cross-selling additional features, and ensuring that existing contracts are aligned with current pricing standards.
As an Account Manager, you will play a critical business role at Carta. You will work with your customers to understand their business plans and propose additional features which will enable them to accomplish their desired business outcomes. Using your experience, you will collaborate with the team, product, marketing and support to drive expansion of our current relationships.
The Problems You’ll Solve
- Focus on growth of Carta customers
- Identify and close upsell opportunities for additional capabilities that create leverage for our customers’ operations
- Leverage technology to proactively engage with customers at scale regarding Carta’s value
- Negotiate win-win renewal outcomes for the customer and Carta
- Have clear understanding of customer needs and help them maximize value from the Carta platform/services ensuring strong user engagement
- Build deep relationships with decision makers within customer accounts to enable them to be Carta advocates
- Collaborate on customer issues and assist on resolution
- Engage customers to act as a reference
- Make Carta users love Carta by proactively offering advice on best practices and creative product solutions
- Proactively identify areas where customers can further engage with the Carta product
- 4+ years of experience supporting financial practices or financial software solutions in a quota carrying sales function
- Proven ability to build and manage customer account relationships in an existing or new sales role
- Consistently hit or exceed sales targets on a month over month, or quarter over quarter basis
- Proven ability to build and maintain a detailed and accurate pipeline of sales opportunities within a CRM tool.
- Proven ability to establish and optimize operational processes related to customer account management
- Excellent communication, listening, facilitation, and negotiating skills
- Proactive, action-oriented
- Strong data analysis, organization, and prioritization skills
- Proactive, self-motivated and persuasive team player with innovative ideas to inspire customer expansion and proven track record of delivering results
- Consistently demonstrate highly-professional interpersonal skills in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- A quantitative aptitude and ability to present to clients with sophisticated investment knowledge and business experience
- Experience working cross-functionally across multiple teams and demonstrated ability to drive projects to completion
- Diplomacy, tact and poise under pressure when working through sales cycles as well as customer issues
- Comfortable operating in areas of uncertainty and educating yourself on areas where you lack a depth of knowledge
Nice to have:
- Prior experience working in venture capital or private equity space
- Experience working with Salesforce
Carta’s compensation package includes a market competitive salary, equity for all full time roles, exceptional benefits, and for applicable roles, commissions plans. Our expected cash compensation (salary + commission if applicable) range for this role starts at:
- $116,000-150,000 base in New York City, NY
- $116,000-150,000 base in San Francisco, CA
- $100,000-135,000 base in Seattle, WA
Final offers may vary from the amount listed based on geography, candidate experience and expertise, and other factors.