Senior Financial Analyst, FP&A
At Coinbase, our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web3 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
Product Finance FP&A is a key function to support the revenue-generating product groups at Coinbase. The team provide forecasting and variance analysis for all revenue and expense lines for the product groups, support with ad-hoc analysis to inform business decisions, conduct deep dives into important focus areas for the financial health of the business where needed. Additionally, the team works with many cross-functional partners including Business Operations, Data, Accounting, Treasury, Investor Relations and HR to identify risks and opportunities and explain performance.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Providing monthly budgeting, variance analysis and forecasting support to multiple stakeholders.
- Working with HR and Talent Business Partners to forecast headcount needs.
- Lead budget reviews with VP-level partners.
- Conduct deep dives into particular expense or revenue lines to understand their drivers and potential levers to enhance financial performance.
- Supporting with month end close processes and quarter earnings call preparation.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Enthusiastic, can-do attitude that thrives on a high degree of autonomy and embraces Coinbase’s “Act Like an Owner” mindset.
- Confidence interacting with senior stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and build effective cross-functional relationships.
- Strong interest in Crypto economy, Coinbase’s products and a desire to continuously learn.
- Strong technical skills - ability to use Google Sheets and strong financial acumen.
- Typically 3+ years experience in an FP&A, or strategic finance role (but open to candidates from different backgrounds who meet other criteria).
Nice to haves:
- Coding experience (SQL or Python).
- Experience using Anaplan and/or Netsuite.
Pay Transparency Notice: Depending on your work location, the target annual salary for this position can range from $127,075 to $149,500 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Know Your Rights notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required. For US applicants only, by submitting your application you are agreeing to arbitration of disputes as outlined here.
Something looks off?