Trade Surveillance, Senior Associate
At Coinbase, our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web3 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
Our vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity by helping create an open financial system for the world. We are focused on making digital currency accessible to everyone. We are guided by these principles: be the most trusted company in our industry and create products that are easy to use.
The International Trade Surveillance Senior Associate will be responsible for market monitoring and trade surveillance for the Coinbase exchange. This person will help the Trade Surveillance team monitor markets, investigate suspicious or problematic trading behavior, and leverage Coinbase surveillance technology to help keep Coinbase the most trusted platform in the space. The person will be remote but should anticipate some international travel.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Conduct daily, weekly and monthly monitoring of trade/e-comms/voice surveillance and develop and implement surveillance reports as required
- Review and investigate alerts generated by surveillance systems and properly escalate as necessary
- Assist in new asset launches and monitoring market depth and liquidity relative to other assets and exchanges; perform market assessments for new asset launches and relaunches following trading halts
- Keep abreast of regulatory and market structure changes that may affect our markets and the scope of the existing surveillance program
- Work with engineering and support staff to create process efficiencies and improvements
- Enforce and enhance policies and procedures related to Coinbase Trading operations and Trading Rules
- Collaborate with other key compliance individuals and separate Coinbase business lines to conduct investigations
- Work on ad-hoc inquiries, special projects, or regulatory requests
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Minimum 4+ years relevant experience in compliance trade surveillance or trading capacity
- Excellent analytical and critical reasoning skills, and a quick learner; demonstrate Coinbase values
- Knowledge of market structure, with knowledge of/experience with cryptocurrency markets a plus
Nice to haves:
- Relevant credentials for financial professionals
- Experience with one or more established trade monitoring systems (SMARTS, Broadridge, Eventus, Actimize)
- Ability to query and analyze large data sets using cloud-based data management applications
- Experience communicating, responding, or presenting to regulatory agencies, and/or work experience at a regulatory body
- Extensive knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, and guidelines for Bermuda and EMEA, and a working knowledge of major global finance laws and regulations
Job #: P51654
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Know Your Rights notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required. For US applicants only, by submitting your application you are agreeing to arbitration of disputes as outlined here.
Something looks off?