Internal Audit Analyst - SOX
At Coinbase, our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web3 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
Coinbase is looking for Audit Analysts to join the Internal Audit team focusing respectively on SOX, Operational or Information Technology and Security audits. These roles are based in the United States (Remote) and will be reporting to an Internal Audit Manager. Each individual will be responsible for executing all aspects of audits, including planning, testing and report writing. Each individual has experience working in or with a FinTech or financial services industry and has an understanding of the industry’s regulatory environment. Each Analyst will also be responsible for performing validations of internal audit and regulatory findings, aiding management with annual risk assessments and other audit relevant activities. Must be proficient in excel and Google Suite.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- As a part of a global internal audit team you will be working to execute Operational / SOX / Technology audits.
- Responsible for supporting Coinbase’s internal audit plan through the execution of Operational / SOX / Technology related audits from beginning to end. Key activities include audit planning, stakeholder management, fieldwork execution, reporting and validation of remediated audit findings
- Responsible for reviewing documents, executing testing, documenting workpapers and drafting reports.
- Responsible for reviewing rules and regulations and determining applicability to Coinbase’s business.
- Responsible for mapping processes and confirming design effectiveness of internal controls.
- Responsible for holding walkthroughs and other meetings with internal stakeholders to understand business processes, internal controls, and areas of risk.
- Responsible for reviewing and evaluating the adequacy and timeliness of management's response and the corrective action taken on internal audit findings, including validation of remediation activities
- Perform data analysis and testing of data sets to confirm adequacy of internal processes and controls.
- Promote new ideas / innovative means of executing projects and internal infrastructure enhancements focused on process or technology improvements
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance, Computer Sciences or Information Security or relevant degree
- 2-3 years of Internal Audit/SOX audit experience including Financial Services/Technology, Risk Management, Compliance, Law or Management Consulting
- Understanding of an internal control environment
- Strong technical skills including GAAP, SOX, COSO, Risks, Controls, Operational Processes
- Big-4 Consulting and/or Technology or Financial Services Experience
- Proficient in Google Suite (Sheets, Docs, Slides), Visio/LucidCharts
- Able to partner across the organization (Finance, IT, Compliance, External Audit etc.)
- Must be detailed oriented; able to work independently and collaborate cross-functionally
- Solid analytical, and research skills.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to details.
- Highly organized, enthusiastic, and motivated.
Job #: P52191
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Know Your Rights notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required. For US applicants only, by submitting your application you are agreeing to arbitration of disputes as outlined here.