Credit Risk Associate Manager - International Derivatives
At Coinbase, our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web3 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
We are looking for a Counterparty & Credit Risk Manager with deep experience managing risk across centrally cleared derivatives and credit products (secured lending, prime brokerage and/or derivatives) to support our growing risk offerings. You will manage credit risks in existing products, and lead the design of risk frameworks for new products. A key component of this role is directly partnering with our Product teams and other cross-functional stakeholders during the design phase, to deliver lending solutions with the right risk/reward balance. The right candidate will enjoy operating in a dynamic digital asset market environment and managing complex credit risks across a diverse client base.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Design and implement risk frameworks for new and existing leveraged product offerings, including developing suitable margin methodologies and risk controls.
- Maintain and continuously improve the risk management framework associated with exchange and clearing house operations.
- Actively engage in the product design process, in order to influence and mitigate inherent structural risks during the development phase.
- Oversee diligence, underwriting and limit setting for clients and counterparties.
- Oversight and monitoring of compliance with policies, including the development of key risk indicators, assurance testing and other metrics.
- Collaborate with business partners (product, engineering, operations, legal, etc.) to resolve complex client and product challenges.
- Ability to perform deep dives on internal and external risk events and present them to senior management and committees.
- Develop, conduct, and review daily stress tests – manage default management framework of the clearing house.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Minimum of 7-10 years’ experience in credit risk management at a global financial institution.
- Strong understanding of the risk management framework associated with centrally cleared derivatives
- Meaningful experience managing counterparty risk / establishing margin requirements for lending, prime brokerage and/or derivatives products.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter with commercial business insight. Able to interact, influence and build relationships at all levels of seniority and across all functions within an organization.
- Able to balance strategic focus with tactical implementation and efficient execution.
- Enjoys analyzing, evaluating and forming independent judgments, and challenging the status quo for better outcomes.
Job #: P51669
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Know Your Rights notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required. For US applicants only, by submitting your application you are agreeing to arbitration of disputes as outlined here.