Global Mobility Manager
At Coinbase, our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web3 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
Coinbase is looking for a Global Mobility Manager to own and drive global mobility policies and practices, including developing first-of-a-kind programs that support Coinbase’s remote-first approach. This person will leverage close partnerships with key leaders across the business to provide immigration, relocation, tax and mobility-related consultation and scaled support.
Our ideal candidate uses a creative and consultative approach with stakeholders and is a highly organized and experienced team player with a talent for collaboration and problem-solving. This person is a player-coach who can dip into the weeds to understand the granular details of employee needs and company processes, and pull up to effectively communicate and escalate issues and opportunities.
If you’re excited about working across an enterprise to pursue operational excellence while defining the future of global mobility in a remote-first company, this is the role for you.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Scaling our support model with internal, cross-functional, and vendor support to create a great experience for employees in the midst of global mobility processes
- Design and implement Global Mobility policies and processes
- Playing a key role in international expansion efforts to ensure compliance in immigration and employment matters
- Developing career-defining best-in-class programs that leverage global mobility as a core piece of the employee value proposition
- Building effective partnerships across the People team, and with Legal, Finance, Accounting and Tax teams
- Acting as primary resource and subject matter expert on all aspects of global immigration (e.g., visas, work permit and permanent resident processes, timelines)
- Ensuring trackers and case management tools are maintained to support immigration , reocation, and tax cases
- Monitoring performance of vendors and hold them accountable for meeting SLAs
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 7 years of global mobility experience
- Previous experience with developing policies and processes to manage relocation and immigration/work authorization programs
- Experience managing Global Mobility vendors
- Strong knowledge of global immigration laws and processes, and knowledge of industry, market and regulatory changes in areas of immigration, relocation and mobility taxation
- Ability and willingness to operate at the macro and micro level, depending on the demands of the situation
Nice to haves:
- GMS or CRP Certification
- Experience in a startup culture (read: comfort with ambiguity, “shipping” culture, and creative problem solving)
- Experience and/or interest across different HR centers of excellence
Position ID: P21018
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Know Your Rights notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required. For US applicants only, by submitting your application you are agreeing to arbitration of disputes as outlined here.
Something looks off?