DriveWealth, the pioneer of fractional equities trading and embedded investing, is a visionary technology company that empowers more than 100 partners around the world to engage their customers by placing the markets in the palm of their hand. We believe the future is fractional, transactional and mobile. Every mobile device should be a gateway to accessing investing and savings products, services, advice, and assistance for global citizens of all ages, wealth stages, and levels of financial expertise. DriveWealth’s unparalleled consultative support and cloud-based, industrial strength technology platform allow partners to seamlessly offer branded investing experiences to drive customer acquisition, loyalty, retention, and revenue growth. DriveWealth’s commitment to continuous evolution and innovation makes it the partner of choice for powering the future of investing.
Recently completing a Series D raise, DriveWealth’s mission is to democratize investing globally by working with partners to invent new ways to use its API-based technology to provide emerging investors with cutting-edge embedded experiences, offer first-time access to U.S. markets, and the ability to begin investing with as little as $1. DriveWealth is committed to empowering consumers around the world to become owners by delivering the most modern brokerage infrastructure, unparalleled industry expertise, and a culture of continued evolution.
About the Role
Our Brokerage Platform as a Service and API teams perform a variety of functions of a brokerage business to handle incoming order traffic and after the trade is conducted. You will learn from and contribute to a modern Go and Java code base that is highly concurrent and in many places follows reactive style programming. Our jobs run in the cloud using many advanced AWS services. We still use some of the typical enterprise relational db (Postgres, MySql), messaging services (Kafka/ActiveMQ), and caching technologies (Redis), etc.
What You'll Do
- Responsible for the technical design and delivery of new Golang and Java projects using exciting, cutting-edge technology
- Develop enhancements to existing Goland and Java applications as well as build new applications from the ground up
- Develop your own test cases and enhance existing testing framework
- Monitor production systems, troubleshoot issues, and assist in remediation fixes
- Assist in recommending and facilitating future maintenance and enhancements
- Lead other engineers and enable them to be successful and productive through the entire SDLC
- Help manage agile development process for small team
What You'll Need
- Over 10 years of experience with high performance Golang or java development
- Strong experience with Golang / Java 8+ coding standards and best practices for application development
- Strong experience with Go Java 8+ coding standards and best practices for application development
- Experience with Maven
- Must know how to write effective unit/integration tests
- Understanding of JSON, JMS, Jackson and Kafka or other messaging
- Experience with NoSQL and SQL database environments
- Experience with a 24x7, highly-available architecture
- Strong communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven experience and ability to mentor, lead, and manage other engineers
Special Knowledge (Nice To Have, But Not Required)
- Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with Kafka and Redis or other messaging and caching technologies
- Experience with Linux and writing scripts to extract and transform data
- Multiple years experience in fin-tech specifically Post Trade, e-commerce, or analytics companies
- Agile development
Compensation package offerings are based on candidate experience and technical qualifications, as it relates to the role. These are identified and determined throughout your interviewing experience.
Please note: this role is expected to come into our office on a cadence set by the Hiring Manager/Team.
- Insurance – Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, LTD & STD. HSA and FSA options.
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k plan
- Flexible working hours and work from home
- Continuing education and conferences reimbursement
- Fitness/Wellbeing reimbursement
- Lunch program, snacks and beverages available in the office
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
TO ALL AGENCIES: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of DriveWealth outside of the Talent organization. DriveWealth’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via Greenhouse (ATS). Agencies must have a valid services agreement executed and must have been assigned by the Talent team to a specific requisition. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of DriveWealth. In the event a candidate submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment will be paid.