Principal Engineer- Partner Engineering
DriveWealth, the pioneer of fractional equities trading and embedded investing, is a visionary technology company that empowers more than 100 partners around the world to engage their customers by placing the markets in the palm of their hand. We believe the future is fractional, transactional and mobile. Every mobile device should be a gateway to accessing investing and savings products, services, advice, and assistance for global citizens of all ages, wealth stages, and levels of financial expertise. DriveWealth’s unparalleled consultative support and cloud-based, industrial strength technology platform allow partners to seamlessly offer branded investing experiences to drive customer acquisition, loyalty, retention, and revenue growth. DriveWealth’s commitment to continuous evolution and innovation makes it the partner of choice for powering the future of investing.
Recently completing a Series D raise, DriveWealth’s mission is to democratize investing globally by working with partners to invent new ways to use its API-based technology to provide emerging investors with cutting-edge embedded experiences, offer first-time access to U.S. markets, and the ability to begin investing with as little as $1. DriveWealth is committed to empowering consumers around the world to become owners by delivering the most modern brokerage infrastructure, unparalleled industry expertise, and a culture of continued evolution.
About the Role
The Principal Engineer, Partner Engineering works collaboratively with our engineers and business teams to build next generation features and enhancements to our API platform and help partners build innovative investing solutions at scale. The incumbent will architect, design, build, and maintain innovative features for all investing functions in a highly scalable and available open ecosystem at lightning speed.
What You’ll Need
- At least 8-10 years of experience in software development, architecture, and Java development (and more is better)
- Experience operating as a tech lead for team of 3 to 4 developers
- Experience designing and integrating RESTful APIs
- Experience with Spring Boot, Spring Data Strong experience in building processes, managing deploying supporting APIs, and leveraging common frameworks such as message queuing (AMQ, Kafka, etc.), caching (Redis, Guava), complex mapping and scripting.
- Beginner-Intermediate skill level with a scripting language such as Python
- Active development experience in a cloud based microservices environment
- Experience working on complex problems and systems where scalability and performance are extremely important (every millisecond counts)
- Experience with compute/container platforms such as AWS EC2, K8s is highly preferred
- Self starter approach and ability to effectively work with cross functional teams to understand requirements and engineer highly performant implementations
- An understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Experience in the delivery of financial backend software systems (also nice-to-have, but not necessary)
- You've built and launched numerous features, products and/or systems successfully into the wild and iterated to support changing business needs.
- You maintain a high bar for quality of code and work aggressively to eliminate unnecessary duplication and awkward workarounds. You're passionate about rigorous engineering practices and discipline: code reviews, automated testing, logging, monitoring, alerting, etc, etc.
- You effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical collaborators: you identify core challenges in complex situations, explain trade offs, and incorporate feedback to make decisions using code reviews, docs, wikis, meetings, and other channels as needed.
- You have defined technical roadmaps in collaboration across teams of engineers and/or other disciplines.
- You leverage off-the-shelf components when possible, with good judgment about what to use and where to find it.
Compensation package offerings are based on candidate experience and technical qualifications, as it relates to the role. These are identified and determined throughout your interviewing experience.
Please note: this role is expected to come into our office on a cadence set by the Hiring Manager/Team.
- Insurance – Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, LTD & STD. HSA and FSA options.
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k plan
- Flexible working hours and work from home
- Continuing education and conferences reimbursement
- Fitness/Wellbeing reimbursement
- Lunch program, snacks and beverages available in the office
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
TO ALL AGENCIES: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of DriveWealth outside of the Talent organization. DriveWealth’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via Greenhouse (ATS). Agencies must have a valid services agreement executed and must have been assigned by the Talent team to a specific requisition. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of DriveWealth. In the event a candidate submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment will be paid.
Something looks off?