Enterprise Strategic Account Manager
Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get life insurance for the next million families. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones.
We leverage deep technology and data science to streamline the life insurance process, making it more accessible and convenient. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally multi-week process into a modern digital experience for our users that can take just minutes! We’ve issued billions in coverage each month and eliminated the traditional barriers, ushering the industry into the modern age. Our full-stack technology platform is the backbone of family financial health.
We make getting life insurance easier, faster and better for everyone.
Our investors include General Catalyst, Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, SoftBank, and the investment vehicles of Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, Robert Downey Jr and others. This year, we were named on CB Insights' Global Insurtech 50 list and BuiltIn's Top 100 Midsize Companies in San Francisco. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families!
About the role:
The Strategic Account Manager will work closely with the Enterprise Sales team to grow and manage enterprise level accounts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead post-deal partner management that includes, but isn’t limited to, driving sales planning, adoption of the Ethos offering and managing growth
- Monitor and maintain account performance using data-driven metrics
- Cultivate strong relationships with key agents and influencers
- Establish thought leadership and help build a trusted brand
- Roll up your sleeves and execute in ambiguous environments
- Willingness to dive into the user experience, product road map and be the voice of the account partner to internal stakeholders
Qualification and Skills:
- Strength to craft a value proposition based on the needs of the partner and sell the appropriate solution per situation
- Ability to oversee partnership onboarding, integration and relationship management to ensure a successful partnership
- Ability to drive optimization of sales processes & integrations
- Ability to design and drive execution of account growth rollout plans (e.g. integration plans, enablement, co-marketing efforts) with key stakeholders across the partner organization
- Experience with Network Marketing Organizations
- Demonstrated sales development experience to drive sales growth through newly acquired distribution relationships with downline sub-agencies and agents
- Competitive product and operational value chain knowledge to convey the story of Ethos’ key points of differentiation and advantage
- History of working with marketing, operations and other cross-functional teams to drive adoption by the agent force
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to identify and provide comprehensive solutions for varying partner needs
- Excellent project management skills
- Self-starter attitude and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, autonomous team environment
- 5 years experience in insurance distribution
- Marketing and/or consumer sales experience preferred
- Experience scaling and optimizing enterprise partnerships and accounts preferred
- Tech savvy with a progressive and innovative view of insurtech and fintech opportunities in a mature industry
- Passionate about the mission to “protect the next millions of families”
The US national base salary range for this full-time position is $70,000 - $137,000. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include applicable bonus, equity, or benefits.
You can find further details of our US benefits at https://www.ethoslife.com/careers/
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. At Ethos we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.
To learn more about what information we collect and how it may be used, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.