Head of Design Operations
At Mercury, Design is a team of 30+ curious, supportive, and thoughtful individuals working from 14 cities in the US and around the world. We care about making a product our parents can be proud of. We believe in rigorous thinking, elegant design, and not taking ourselves too seriously.
As our design team continues to scale, we’re looking for our first Design Operations Manager. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to be a part of building the department from the ground up. As the Design Operations Manager, you’ll partner with Design Leadership to build our operational foundation and foster the people, practices, and processes that create a healthy Design organization.
In this role, you’ll:
- Report to the VP of Design and be the first member of the Design Operations team.
- Build processes and systems to ensure our Design org can scale effectively as it continues to grow year-over-year.
- Lead activities and initiatives that support a healthy design culture such as all hands, meetings, offsites, workshops, and team rituals
- Help keep the team connected by building bridges between product pods to enable our designers to see the bigger picture.
- Measure, improve, and maintain Design’s capacity & impact metrics to ensure we’re tracking projects, bandwidth, and accurately predicting our hiring needs.
- Provide thought partnership to Design leaders, consulting & facilitating decision-making and collaborating on new ideas & initiatives.
- Partner with HR, Recruiting, and Design leadership to develop and manage equitable & inclusive recruiting processes, career ladders, performance evaluations, and L&D initiatives.
You should apply if you have:
- 8+ years of experience in a design-focused operations or program management role.
- A willingness to be in the weeds with processes, systems, and tooling, before eventually hiring out an operations team.
- Experience bringing order to complex situations with various stakeholders who approach problems in different ways.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills.
- Excelled at creating an inclusive, equitable, transparent, helpful, and kind environment that motivates & inspires people to do their best work.
- Experience operationalizing User Research, Content Strategy, and Design Systems.
- A sense of humor (doesn’t have to be a good one).
The total rewards package at Mercury includes base salary, equity (stock options), and benefits.
Our salary and equity ranges are highly competitive within the saas and fintech industry and are updated regularly using the most reliable compensation survey data for our industry. New hire offers are made based on a job candidate’s experience, expertise, geographic location, and internal pay equity relative to peers.
Our target new hire base salary ranges for this role are the following:
- US employees in the New York City or San Francisco Bay area: $167,400- $184,100 USD
- US employees outside of the New York City or San Francisco Bay area: $142,300- $156,500 USD
- Canadian employees (any location): CAD 159,300-175,500