Senior Product Manager - Treasury
The quintessential tenet of Mercury is enabling startups of all sizes to experience the magic of banking* with Mercury. The Treasury team at Mercury is obsessively focused on evolving the banking experience for our customers through evolving our Treasury offering.
As a product manager on this team, you will own the next step of this evolution and define the strategy and roadmap to enable seamless banking experiences across customers’ Treasury accounts, their checking & savings accounts, and more.
This is a technical product role that requires empathy and foresight into our users’ present and future needs as they pertain to banking and moving money. You will work within a complex ecosystem of domestic and international banking networks to quickly identify issues, define solutions, and articulate their importance and impact across teams. You will utilize your data acuity to better prioritize and justify the treasury roadmap across user experiences and integrations. You will collaborate across internal and external teams to jointly shape plans that lead to great banking experiences, working tirelessly to mask the “under the hood” complexities for our users.
Secure, reliable, thoughtful, and (perhaps) magical, is how a user should describe the banking experience on Mercury. Your job is to help the team aspire to that description.
As part of the journey, we would expect you to:
- Co-own an ambitious product roadmap for the treasury experience from ideation to execution with design and engineering
- Develop a framework for treasury product health with data science partnership, set KPIs that help to drive high quality decision-making
- Prioritize areas of product investment using a range of qualitative and quantitative inputs, often to make tradeoffs in a highly ambiguous environment
- Be a collaborative powerhouse across Mercury, ensuring stakeholders are brought in and aligned on the vision of Mercury banking and feels joint ownership over strategy and results
- Create strategy and frameworks to inform our future banking and treasury partnerships strategy
- Clearly communicate technical and non-technical product specifications for banking improvements/features to enable efficiency across a wide breadth of stakeholders
- Deepen the team’s understanding of how various partners enable banking experiences on the platform and maintain a consistently great user experience across partnerships
- Identify opportunities to improve our banking services network, enabling both larger and smaller scale projects
- Drive accountability — hold yourself and others accountable in service of great work
Some things that might make you successful in a role like this:
- Have 5+ years of relevant product management experience
- Have some experience or familiarity with the banking or payments space
- Be technically inclined or comfortable enough with technical concepts to produce detailed-oriented requirements that enable your team to ship high quality features
- Be able to balance a deep technical understanding of product and partner requirements with user empathy
- Be able to take complex problems and distill them into first principles
The total rewards package at Mercury includes base salary, equity (stock options), and benefits. Our salary and equity ranges are highly competitive within the SaaS and fintech industry and are updated regularly using the most reliable compensation survey data for our industry.
New hire offers are made based on a job candidate’s experience, expertise, geographic location, and internal pay equity relative to peers. Our target new hire base salary ranges for this role are the following:
The salary range for candidates in the US is $173,600 – $204,200 USD.
The salary range for candidates in Canada is CAD 158,000 – 185,800.
*Mercury is a financial technology company, not a bank. Banking services provided by Choice Financial Group and Evolve Bank & Trust, Members FDIC.