Product Marketing Manager
The famous writer Marcel Proust once said, “The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.” What we think he meant was that meaningful discovery happens by looking at things we already know and from a new perspective.
At Mercury, we’re building better banking* for all types of businesses. We started by imagining what the best banking platform for startups would be like. Fast forward a few short years, and we are adding more and more financial tools to support businesses as they grow. But in order to do so, we need to start taking what we already know and finding new aspects of it that we haven’t seen before.
To begin, we’re looking for a Product Marketing Manager who can take the banking platform we’ve built for startups and put it in the context of different industries, like life sciences, climate tech, AI and more. This candidate should ideally have worked within the technology field, and have experience developing and executing on marketing initiatives that will help build Mercury’s presence and market share within these industries.
As the Product Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for managing and executing marketing campaigns to support our growth goals in new verticals. You will be an expert in understanding and engaging with the needs of our target customers and will have a deep understanding of their unique goals and challenges. You’ll assess and determine what segment of this broad market we will go after, and execute on that plan.
*Mercury is a financial technology company, not a bank. Banking services provided by Choice Financial Group and Evolve Bank & Trust, Members FDIC.
Here are some of the things you’ll do:
- Deeply understand our target customers and the competitive landscape. Use quantitative and qualitative data to understand what our customers need, and where the incumbent products available today aren’t cutting it.
- Partner with engineering, design, marketing, and business teams to develop and execute GTM plans to launch new products and support continual adoption and awareness of existing ones. You’ll be responsible for positioning, audience segmentation, key value propositions, and channel strategy.
- Build a strong relationship with marketing and brand teams to develop advertising, landing pages, public relations outreach, emails campaigns, case studies, and social posts relating to your products.
- Test, learn, and iterate – it is early days for us and we are open-minded to what the “best” strategy or process will be.
- Roll up your sleeves to get things done – this can be anything from writing a press release to negotiating a sponsorship to interviewing customers, or whatever the project requires.
We believe a successful candidate will have some of the following qualities:
- 5+ years experience, with 3+ years of product marketing experience at a tech company (FinTech a plus but not required).
- Consider yourself a marketing generalist. You are as comfortable discussing a social media or email campaign as you are conducting customer research and defining a product’s go-to-market strategy.
- Pride yourself in being able to influence others and work cross-functionally effectively.
- Know how to prioritize and create long-form documentation to explain your decisions.
- Enjoy storytelling through numbers and testing your assumptions (experience with data analysis and SQL is a big plus).
- Be passionate about solving problems for startup founders. You are excited to talk to customers and have experience doing customer research that is turned into actionable strategy and recommendations.
- Be flexible and have an understanding that in a fast-growing startup like ours, your job might change often. We are looking for someone who embraces and is comfortable with rapid change.
We often think it is easier to show than to tell – you’re encouraged to try our demo site and see the product for yourself.
The total rewards package at Mercury includes base salary, equity (stock options), and benefits.
Our salary and equity ranges are highly competitive within the SaaS and fintech industry and are updated regularly using the most reliable compensation survey data for our industry. New hire offers are made based on a candidate’s experience, expertise, geographic location, and internal pay equity relative to peers.
Our target new hire base salary ranges for this role are the following:
US employees in the New York City, Los Angeles, Seattle, or San Francisco Bay Area: $151,800 - $178,600 USD
US employees outside of the New York City or San Francisco Bay Area: $136,600 - $160,700 USD
Canadian employees (any location): CAD 138,100 - 162,500