Principal Product Manager, Subscriptions
📍London / UK Remote | 💰 £120,000 - £160,000 + Benefits (we have different Product roles across varying degrees of seniority, compensation will be matched accordingly to your experience level) | A week in the life of a Product Manager at Monzo
We’re here to make money work for everyone and we're doing things differently. For too long, banking has been obtuse, complex and opaque.
We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
We're focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people's lives through Monzo.
Product at Monzo
We’re looking for a Senior or Principal Product Manager to join our team and help us build one of the best, most innovative banks in the world.
Monzo is the lead challenger bank in the UK with a mission to Make Money Work for Everyone. In the last few years we’ve built a banking app with extremely high daily engagement and an NPS that’s consistently above 70. More than 10% of UK adults have a Monzo account already, but we have a global ambition and the opportunity to impact hundreds of millions - perhaps even billions - of lives.
Product is at the heart of this ambition. As a PM you’ll lead a multi-disciplinary team to set big, ambitious goals for an entire product area, and have the freedom to decide how to meet them. You’ll operate with autonomy and have a massive impact on our customers’ lives and Monzo’s success.
We currently have two subscription products. Monzo Plus, which is a freemium software product that helps customers manage their money better. And Monzo Premium, which is a packaged bank account that gives people peace of mind with phone and travel insurance in one place.
The number of subscribers has grown substantially over the last two years since launch, and we’re now looking to hire someone to accelerate them through the next phase of design and growth. As the PM responsible for this you’ll have full autonomy to redefine our existing value propositions and features, explore new subscription products, and build new levers to grow subscribers.
What you’ll work on
- Lead a cross-functional team to develop and deliver a product strategy for the next phase of growth for our subscription products, including building a deep understanding of customer needs and market opportunities, and how we’ll differentiate ourselves and grow
- Collaborate with and influence key stakeholders across the organisation, including the wider product teams, company leadership, finance, marketing, compliance, legal, regulatory affairs and more to get alignment and support for the strategy
- Balance work to create long-term growth, and work to hit short-term revenue targets
- You’ve got a five to ten year track record of shipping successful, customer-centric digital products in a fast growing company
- You have the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively to a wide range of audiences, and in a structured way
- You have the urge and resilience to challenge the status quo and make things better
- You can systematically break down and then solve complex problems (for customers and the business)
- You’re comfortable with numbers, can ground your thinking in analysis, can identify key metrics and their drivers and evaluate the success of your work
- You hone in on the highest leverage thing to work on, both for the product and your own time
- You make good decisions in complex situations where there’s often no “right answer”
- You’re full of novel ideas and creative solutions, and able to tease them out of others too
- You’re able to motivate, energise and inspire people towards a common goal
- You can work effectively with a diverse range of people and working styles to get stuff done, and are able to thoughtfully and constructively challenge and influence the people you work with
- You’re able to quickly build trust and manage disagreement
- You’re excited by the ambition of what we’re doing at Monzo and personal finance in general
- You’re a fast learner, humble and curious, and enjoy developing yourself and others
The Interview Process:
Our interview process involves 3 main stages:
- Recruiter Call (30 mins) - Once you apply, if your application is aligned, one of our Hiring team will reach out to you for an introductory conversation.
- Initial Chat (45 mins) - This will be an introductory conversation with one of our Product leaders.
- Product Loop (3 hours) - This stage consists of 3 separate interviews that usually happen across 1-2 days. This will be made up of a 2 X Case Study interviews, and a Leadership Interview. If you get through to this stage, your Recruiter will have a 20-minute chat with you beforehand to help you get ready and prepare for this stage.
Our average process takes around 3-4 weeks but we will always work around your availability. You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process but if you do have any specific questions ahead of this please contact us on email@example.com
One of our Product Managers has written a detailed blog on their experience through this process, for extra details, hints and tips please see 'My first 3 months at Monzo as a Product Manager'
What’s in it for you:
💰 £120,000 - £160,000 base salary➕ plus stock options (we have different Product roles across varying degrees of seniority, compensation will be matched accordingly to your experience level)
✈️ We can help you relocate to the UK
✅ We can sponsor visas.
📍This role can be based in our London office, but we're open to distributed working within the UK (with ad hoc meetings in London).
⏰ We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
📚Learning budget of £1,000 a year for books, training courses and conferences
➕And much more, see our full list of benefits here
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2021 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2022 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, or veteran, neurodiversity or disability status.
Something looks off?