Customer Service Adviser - Telephony and Chat
📍Remote | 💰 £23,500 (£25,000 if based in Greater London) + Benefits
*** Please note that this role involves speaking with our customers over the telephone and it is as a main part of the role ***
We’re here to make money work for everyone and we're doing things differently. For too long, banking has been complicated and confusing. We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. We want to make the world a better place and change people's lives through Monzo.
What will you be doing day-to-day? 💬
Customer Operations are the heart of Monzo ❤️ and every Customer Service Adviser has the power to solve problems quickly and with minimal fuss. You’ll be our customers first point of call and provide support by being honest and transparent with our customers through calls and in-app chat. You’ll spot patterns and identify potentially vulnerable customers as well as financial crime, referring customers to specialised areas where needed! We’ll give you all the tools and training you need so you know exactly how payment systems actually work, and you’ll listen to customers’ concerns with positivity, empathy and patience. Then you’ll fix whatever the problem is and stop it from happening again.
✅ Who we’re looking for:
- Experience working in a similar role servicing customers through calls and/or chat based contact centre environment before
- Care deeply about delighting our customers
- Are able to multitask activities as well as technical systems
- Are great at verbally explaining things to people and have flawless written English
- A UK resident over the age of 18, currently living in the UK with the right to work in the UK (an offer of employment is subject to satisfactory proof of this).
What’s in it for you:
From £23,500 (from £25,000 if you are based in Greater London) All Monzo team members get share options as part of their package. plus stock options & benefits.
You'll spend 5 days per week for your first three weeks in training (Monday-Friday) between 09:00-18:00. This is all done remotely. (Please note that we do not allow any holidays or appointments during training)
This role is distributed
Learning budget of £1,000 a year for books, training courses and conferences
And much more, see our full list of benefits here
You’ll be working remotely on an ‘open availability’ contract basis, to make sure we're always here to help and allow 24/7 customer telephony support, meaning your shift pattern will change on a weekly basis i.e. Monday to Sunday 6am - 10pm including bank holidays. (Please note that you cannot choose your shifts and the expectation is that you are fully flexible)
To make sure we have enough cover on weekends, you'll work some other weekend days and get days off in the same working week. All of our full time COps are guaranteed 1 full weekend off each month.
You will be flexed to work in different areas in COps to meet the business and customer needs.
🏡 To work remotely you'll also need:
- To work from home in the UK in a safe, private and distraction free environment - (the expectation is even though you are working from home, that you do not have dependant or caregiver responsibilities during your working hours)
- A solid internet connection (download speed - 10mbps; upload speed - 3 mbps)
- We'll provide you with a Macbook laptop on your first day. There's no need to supply your own.
- You do need to own your own smartphone, this will be needed each time you log into our customer support system.
Our interview process involves 2 main stages:
- Application and completion of application questions
- An assessment centre that lasts approx 2 hours
Our average process takes around 2-3 weeks. You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process but if you do have any specific questions ahead of this please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2022 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2022 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, or veteran, neurodiversity or disability status
Something looks off?