Internal Audit Manager, Platform & Engineering
📍London or Remote UK | 💰circa £80k+ Benefits
We’re here to make money work for everyone and we're doing things differently. For too long, banking has been confusing, complex and not designed with customers in mind.
We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
We're focused on solving customers' problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people's lives through Monzo.
What we’re looking for
Our Internal Audit team is growing and we’re looking for an Internal Audit Manager to join the team and help build out the function. The primary focus of this role will be executing technology audits and providing technology SME expertise to other audits.
Internal Audit is Monzo’s “Third Line of Defence” (3LoD). Internal Audit provides Monzo’s Board and Executive Management with independent and objective assurance on the adequacy and functioning of the system of internal control. The scope of internal audit covers all activities at Monzo, all areas of current and future risks within Monzo, and an assessment of risk management and mitigation controls in Monzo’s current and expected business environment.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Working closely with the Head of Audit for Platform to develop and execute a flexible audit plan in accordance with internal audit methodologies and regulatory requirements.
- Building trusting and open relationships with auditees on each audit and developing relationships within the Collective to which you are aligned, attending collective level committees as required.
- Embedding the use of data as part of our core audit processes (risk assessment and planning, audit execution, continuous monitoring).
- Identifying the relevant risks and regulatory requirements relevant to each audit.
- Delivering end to end audits, including communicating findings and confirming factual accuracy with management and writing high quality observations.
- Validating issues raised in prior audits.
- Making sure the principles of integrity, objectivity, confidentiality, and competency are applied and upheld.
- Continuing to update awareness of risk issues and changes across relevant business
- units and using this knowledge to update audit approach where necessary
You should apply if you:
- Have a relevant qualification (IIA, IRM, ACCA, ACA, CIMA, CISA, CPA or CFA)
- Experience across one or more of: infrastructure or cyber security, or emerging technologies, payments or within hyper growth product environments.
- Significant experience (ideally 5 + years) in an audit related-role within a regulated financial services environment or technology company.
- Are proficient in data analytics and interpreting data - with significant practical experience with SQL / BigQuery
- Have a practical understanding of relevant regulatory environment within UK
- Have confidence to present published findings, along with suggested recommendations to senior stakeholders
- Are comfortable in challenging others where appropriate, including effectively challenging Auditees in order to reach the right control outcomes
The Interview Process:
Our interview process involves 3 main stages:
- Recruiter Call
- Initial Call with our Chief Internal Auditor
- Role specific & Values interview
Our average process takes around 3-4 weeks but we will always work around your availability. You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process but if you do have any specific questions ahead of this please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
What’s in it for you:
💰 circa £80k base salary➕ plus stock options
📍This role can be based in our London office, but we're open to distributed working within the UK (with ad hoc meetings in London).
⏰ We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
📚Learning budget of £1,000 a year for books, training courses and conferences
➕And much more, see our full list of benefits here
If you prefer to work part-time, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2021 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2022 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, or veteran, neurodiversity or disability status.
Something looks off?