TechOps Solution Specialist
📍London | 💰 £50,000 to £65,000 + Benefits
We’re here to make money work for everyone and we're doing things differently. For too long, banking has been obtuse, complex and opaque.
We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
We're focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people's lives through Monzo.
About our TechOps Team:
We're looking for an ambitious and talented TechOps Solution Specialist to join our new solutions team based in our London office. In TechOps we take an inclusive approach to support, embodying our company values of being hard on problems, not people and helping everyone belong. This has allowed us to create an approachable, welcoming and enjoyable support experience for everyone. Our support team is key to maintaining our ability to continue delighting Monzonauts on a daily basis as we continue to grow.
In addition to caring deeply about people, we are also passionate about technology. We strive to innovate and automate wherever we can so that we can focus our time on improving the experience of our fellow Monzonauts. We also welcome new ideas or proposals for how we could improve existing processes and we regularly come together to review them.
What you’ll be working on
As part of the wider TechOps team you’ll be responsible for maintaining excellent tooling that enables Monzonauts to do their best work. You’ll help deliver technical solutions to support the business and implement automations and best practices to how we work.
You'll work to deliver an amazing service to our Monzonauts so that they can do their best work for our customers. Whilst the role is varied, and no two days are exactly the same, some of the things you can expect are:
- Delivering high impacting end to end technical solutions
- Maintaining our SAAS platforms
- Supporting our wider TechOps team and Security collective
- Building and supporting innovative office tech
- Keep our platforms secure and available
- Automating our tools, processes and fixes
You should apply if:
In order to be a real success in this role, we’d expect you to fit the following criteria:
- You’re comfortable working in a technical team that deals with a wide range of technical issues every day.
- You’re comfortable presenting technical information to groups of people.
- You're passionate about helping people as well as creating an inclusive support environment.
- You can communicate technical solutions to people with wide ranging levels of technical expertise effectively.
- You're experienced in delivering technical projects and tools
- You’re experienced in complex technical problem solving
- You have an understanding of basic networking.
- You love learning on the fly and sharing your knowledge with others.
- You’ve got experience of managing macOS, Windows or ChromeOS devices using mobile device management.
In addition to the above, any of the following skills would be helpful in this role. None of these are a requirement and if you don’t think any of them apply to you don't worry - they are just some of the things you might learn if you are successful:
- You’ve got experience in Google Workspace, Slack administration And Okta
- You’ve got experience supporting and building AV solutions
- You have experience automating processes and tasks
- You have experience in programming languages such as Python
- You’ve got experience in building and maintaining monitoring solutions with tools like prometheus and grafana
- You’ve got experience in infrastructure as code, using tools such as Terraform
- You hold a certification in networking, such as CCNA, CCNP or equivalent
The Interview Process:
Our interview process consists of three main stages:
- 30 minute interview with the recruiter
- 30 minute interview with the Hiring Manager
- x1 hour technical and x1 hour values interview
Our average process takes around 2-3 weeks but we will always work around your availability. You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process but if you do have any specific questions ahead of this please contact us on email@example.com
What’s in it for you:
💰 £50,000 to £65,000 ➕ plus stock options & benefits
📍This role is based in our London office (4 days a week) as you'll be supporting our teams onsite.
⏰ We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
📚Learning budget of £1,000 a year for books, training courses and conferences
➕And much more, see our full list of benefits here
If you prefer to work part-time, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2021 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2022 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, or veteran, neurodiversity or disability status.
Something looks off?