Operations Strategy Lead, Saving & Investing
📍London | 💰 £65,000 to £110,000 (can be flexible) + Benefits
We’re here to make money work for everyone and we're doing things differently. For too long, banking has been obtuse, complex and opaque.
We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
We're focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people's lives through Monzo.
About the Saving & Investing team:
This is Monzo's newest team. We are focussed on building out savings and investments products for our 7.5million (and growing!) users. Our mission is to help customers grow their money in line with their financial goals. We do this by providing the right products for our customers to put their money into and education on how to make the best use of them.
We are a small and nimble team with a real sense of ownership. Your role will be to build and grow the critical operations strategies and processes as we scale our Saving & Investing products to millions of users. You will be the first Operations hire into the team and will have the opportunity to shape how Monzo delivers its Saving and Investing products to millions of users from the ground up.
You will be able to leverage our established and award-winning customer service operations whilst also working closely with the Product, Engineering and Risk & Compliance teams to deliver a delightful experience for our users.
Your day to day:
- Act as a source of knowledge on the operational elements of investment platforms, and support Product teams to build investing experiences for customers in the most efficient way
- Oversee effectiveness and monitoring of 3rd party providers and continually improve processes to drive better outcomes for our customers
- Act as a driver of best practice within the Investments Squad for all internal ops (supplier-facing and customer-facing)
- Create and execute an operations strategy for ISA and pensions transfers and working with our Customer Operations lead on how best to communicate to our customers throughout.
- Work closely with our customer service team to ensure we are effectively and compliantly speaking to our customers in the right way
- Ensure accurate, efficient, compliant and delightful delivery of key operational aspects to customers (e.g. statements, reports) and, where relevant, regulators (e.g. transaction reporting). This would include liaising with outsourced service suppliers, and helping us interact with them in the best way to secure efficient, and effective, delivery of operational aspects to customers.
You should apply if you:
- Are excited by building things from scratch and scaling them to millions of people
- Enjoy ‘getting things done’ and finding ways to drive tangible outcomes
- Thrive in ambiguity, ask incisive questions and take a structured approach to problem-solving
- Are analytical in your approach to developing scalable ops strategies
- Are someone who prides themselves on a strong attention to detail
- Are someone who works collaboratively with people at all levels and across functions and cultures
- Have a proven track record of designing and overseeing operations within financial services
- Have knowledge of ISA and Pension requirements and how they apply to the operational environment
- Have knowledge and experience of the platform market, nominee structures, asset types and asset administration including trade, settlement and transfer lifecycles
The interview process:
Our interview process involves 3 main stages:
- Initial call with recruiter
- x2 interviews that cover Problem Solving and Role Specific
- Final stage interview to cover Leadership and Values with our GM of Saving & Investing
Our average process takes around 3-5 weeks but we will always work around your availability. You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process but if you do have any specific questions ahead of this please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
What’s in it for you:
💰 £65,000 to £110,000 ➕ plus stock options & benefits
✈️ We can help you relocate to the UK
✅ We can sponsor visas
📍This role is based in our London office (hybrid)
⏰ We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
📚 Learning budget of £1,000 a year for books, training courses and conferences
➕ And much more, see our full list of benefits here
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2022 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2022 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, or veteran, neurodiversity or disability status.
Something looks off?