Cyber Security Operations Lead
📍London or Remote | 💰Salary dependant on experience + Benefits |
We’re here to make money work for everyone and we're doing things differently. For too long, banking has been obtuse, complex and opaque.
We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
We're focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people's lives through Monzo.
What we’re looking for:
A proactive, technically-minded and creative Cyber Security Operations Lead to run and manage our Security Operations Squad.
This squad is part of Monzo’s Security Collective which has full responsibility for all aspects of information security across the organisation. You will report to the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) and be working directly with every aspect of the Monzo business.
One of the guiding principles of security at Monzo is that security at the expense of user experience is a last resort. We aim to move mountains in the background such that we can build world-class features without compromising on security.
As a bank, we are solving diverse, novel problems to ensure that our customers and data are secure, you will have the opportunity to make a direct impact on that. We pride ourselves on a first principles approach, questioning every assumption we think we might know about a given problem, then creating new solutions that meet the needs of our customers.
What you’ll be doing:
- Run the day to day security operations function
- Own security monitoring, incident response and threat intelligence
- Manage a dedicated squad of security operations specialists/analysts
- Bring innovation and insights on the latest tools, techniques and processes to deliver a cutting edge security operations capability at a tech company
- Own and define the short and long term strategy for security operations at Monzo including the technology, people and processes required to support that strategy
- Input into the overall information security programme planning
- Liaise with various stakeholders across the organisation to define, plan and execute operational activities
- Define and implement methods to continually measure the level of maturity of the security operations team across Monzo
- Work with risk and compliance and across the business to ensure that sufficient controls are in place to mitigate known security risks in this area and make sure that Monzo meets its regulatory requirements around security operations
- Report security operations status and updates to the relevant governance committees.
You should apply if you have experience in some of the following…
Please still apply if you only have experience in some of the points raised below
- You have a strong background managing security operations in a tech environment or highly agile corporate environment.
- You have previously developed and delivered innovative solutions and can solve ambiguous problem areas within security operations.
- You have in depth technical knowledge of applying security operations concepts across cloud based environments and MacOS estates and can work closely with security engineers to design solutions.
- You understand the key security operations technology developments that are emerging worldwide.
- You can analyse, tune and refine security monitoring to create the optimal balance of alerts.
- You understand how to define, gather and act upon threat intelligence for an organisation.
- You have experience of managing a team of security operations specialists and a natural ability to inspire and motivate people.
- You have defined and managed information security incident response capabilities.
- You can focus on outcomes over processes and optimise for the highest impact solutions.
- You are comfortable working autonomously and can create a future vision for security operations and deliver on it.
- You have experience of dealing with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation.
- You are an excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing.
The Interview Process:
Our interview process involves three main stages:
- Recruiter Call (30mins)
- Initial Call with the Hiring Manager (45 mins)
- x2 interviews via Google Meet (x2 60mins)
Our average process takes around 3-4 weeks but we will always work around your availability.
You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process but if you do have any specific questions or want to talk through reasonable adjustments ahead of or during application please us at any point on email@example.com
What’s in it for you:
💰Salary is dependant on experience ➕ stock options
📍This role will be based out of our London office next to Liverpool Street station in a hybrid approach of office based and home working OR on a fully remote basis within the UK
⏰ We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
📚 Learning budget of £1,000 a year for books, training courses and conferences
➕ And much more, see our full list of benefits here
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2022 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2022 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.
Something looks off?