Senior Product Manager, Fincrime
We’re here to make money work for everyone and we're doing things differently. For too long, banking has been obtuse, complex and opaque.
We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
We're focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people's lives through Monzo.
About our Fincrime Team:
The Fincrime collective at Monzo is responsible for enabling products and services that solve for the financial needs of all customers while inherently safeguarding customers and society from the harm of financial crime. The team collectively owns products and platforms that support consumer signup & onboarding, customer decisioning, transaction decisioning, Fincrime operations, business banking fincrime and fraud. We’re in an exciting phase of evolution as a collective, with ambitious goals to build the best-in-class fincrime products while supporting Monzo’s aggressive growth targets.
What you’ll be working on:
A big focus for the company is to double down on our efforts to detect, prevent and protect our consumers from becoming victims of fraud. This complex space requires a deep understanding of fraud, a mindset to continually innovate to stay a step ahead of ever increasing attack vectors and an innate ability to consistently strike the right balance between consumer experience, fraud risk and operations costs. You will play a key role in shaping the future of Monzo’s Fincrime & Fraud fighting capabilities with a focus on strengthening our team, products and platforms and setting us up for long term success.
- Execute on our fincrime & fraud goals while championing consumer experience at every step
- Assess and leverage partnerships where relevant to strengthen our capabilities
- Strengthen and scale our platform with a focus on proactive controls driven by effective rules and ML models
- Drive effective consumer education strategies within the app
- Work effectively across cross-functional teams within and outside your collective across product, business, operations and risk
You should apply if:
- You are passionate about building delightful consumer experiences
- You are excited about leveraging data and machine learning models where relevant, to achieve the most effective outcomes for our consumers and for Monzo
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced, complex and ever changing environment
- You are experienced in leading and influencing teams with confidence and empathy often in unchartered territory
- You don’t hesitate to make quick decisions grounded in a thorough understanding of the consumer problems and risks to Monzo, often in situations where you may not have enough data/signals to validate your thinking
The interview process:
Our interview process involves 3 main stages:
Recruiter Call (30 mins) - Once you apply, one of our Recruiters will reach out to you for an introductory conversation.
Initial Chat (60 mins) - This will be an introductory conversation with the hiring manager for this role to learn more about your experience but also for you to find out more about the role.
Product Loop (2 hours and 45mins) - This stage consists of 3 separate interviews that usually happen across 1-2 days. This will be made up of a Project Walkthrough, Case Study and a Leadership interview. If you get through to this stage, your Recruiter will have a 20-minute chat with you beforehand to help you get ready and prepare for this stage.
Our average process takes around 3-4 weeks but we will always work around your availability. You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process but if you do have any specific questions ahead of this please contact us on email@example.com
One of our Product Managers has written a detailed blog on their experience through this process, for extra details, hints and tips please see 'My first 3 months at Monzo as a Product Manager'
What’s in it for you:
💰 £90k - 125k ➕ plus stock options & benefits
✈️ We can help you relocate to the UK
✅ We can sponsor visas
📍This role can be based in our London office, but we're open to distributed working within the UK (with ad hoc meetings in London).
⏰ We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
📚 Learning budget of £1,000 a year for books, training courses and conferences
➕ And much more, see our full list of benefits here
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2022 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2022 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, or veteran, neurodiversity or disability status.