Head of Benefits
We’re here to make money work for everyone and we're doing things differently. For too long, banking has been obtuse, complex and opaque.
We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app, and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
We're focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people's lives through Monzo.
About the role
We're looking for an experienced Head of Benefits to join the Reward Squad to help us maintain a people focused business and excellent culture while growing at scale.
Monzo is on a mission to make banking work for everyone, and to do that we need to build world-class reward programmes to attract, retain, engage and motivate the best talent in the world, whilst remaining consistent with our values and culture.
Reporting to the VP of Reward and working closely with the Chief People Officer, you’ll have a unique opportunity to set and deliver the benefits strategy for a fast growth tech company with global ambitions.
You’ll be empowered to make a huge impact on the success of the company by leading and delivering on the design and management of our overall benefits package along with:
- Benefits Management; pension scheme, paid time off policies, and wellbeing programme including insurance policies (health and life)
- New benefit implementation
- Benefits market benchmarking and internal surveying
- Benefit broker, advisor, and vendors relationship management
- Benefit and pension governance
- Monzonaut education, communication, and support
You should apply if:
- You have excellent multi-tasking and organisational skills
- You're independent yet enjoy cross team collaboration
- You’re proactive, comfortable making decisions, and a great communicator
- You’re adaptable, flexible and able to work in a fast paced environment
- You naturally consider the people impact of decisions and communications
- You have previous benefits experience, preferably in technology or financial services
- You have experience managing pension schemes, pension compliance and governance
The Interview Process:
Our interview process involves 3 main stages:
- Recruiter Call (30 mins)
- Initial call with Hiring Manager (30 mins)
- Role Specific Interview (45 mins)
- Values & Collaboration Interview (45 mins)
What’s in it for you:
📍This role can be based in our London office, but we're open to distributed working within the UK (with ad hoc meetings in London).
⏰ We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
📚Learning budget of £1,000 a year for books, training courses and conferences
➕And much more, see our full list of benefits here
If you prefer to work part-time, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2022 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2022 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, or veteran, neurodiversity or disability status.