Internal Audit Manager - Conduct and Compliance
📍London or Remote UK | 💰circa £80,000 + Benefits
We’re here to make money work for everyone and we're doing things differently. For too long, banking has been obtuse, complex and opaque.
We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
We're focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people's lives through Monzo.
About our Internal Audit team
Our Internal Audit team is growing and we’re looking for an Internal Audit Manager to join the team. This role will be responsible for audit delivery across Conduct and Compliance.
Internal Audit is Monzo’s “Third Line of Defence” (3LoD). Internal Audit provides Monzo’s Board and Executive Management with independent and objective assurance on the adequacy and functioning of the system of internal control. The scope of internal audit covers all activities at Monzo, all areas of current and future risks within Monzo, and an assessment of risk management and mitigation controls in Monzo’s current and expected business environment.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Supporting the Senior Internal Audit Manager and the Head of Financial Crime, Conduct and Compliance Audit with planning, scoping and execution of audits.
- Completing audit planning including documentation of audit scope, process understanding, risk & control identification, and testing strategies. Completing audit fieldwork by testing key controls and documenting audit work.
- Forming an independent view of whether the key risks to the organisation have been identified, including emerging and systemic risks, and assess how effectively these risks are being managed.
- Writing high quality audit observations, completing audit issue validations, and documenting audit workpapers in accordance with our internal audit methodology and regulatory requirements.
- Delivering value-adding and insightful audit reports, ensuring factual accuracy and managing stakeholder communications.
- Follow up with stakeholders on remediation of actions coming out of issues identified during audits and validation of actions.
- Performing continuous business monitoring and updating the Chief Internal Auditor and the Audit Team with current developments and emerging risks.
- Ensuring that the Audit Universe and risk assessments are up to date and accurate.
- Building strong relationships with key stakeholders and attending key risk committees.
- Embedding the use of data as part of our core audit processes (risk assessment and planning, audit execution, continuous monitoring).
- Proactively helping with ad-hoc tasks, as requested by management.
- Ensuring the principles of integrity, objectivity, confidentiality, and competency are applied and upheld.
You should apply if you:
- Can demonstrate sound technical compliance knowledge and application of the FCA rules and guidance, such as SYSC, BCOBS, COCON, PRIN, DISP, SMCR, PSR and Consumer Duty principles.
- Have had some exposure to UK Financial Crime (e.g. Sanctions, AML, CTF, Fraud & ABC) regulatory and legislative requirements, e.g. MLR and JMLSG Guidance.
- Have previous end-to-end internal audit experience from a financial institution.
- Have a good understanding of the Institute of Internal Audit Standards and strong Conduct and Compliance knowledge from prior regulatory experience or from within a financial institution.
- Have a proven track record of identifying, assessing and evaluating risks and controls, advising business stakeholders from a risk perspective, while also understanding the commercial view.
- Are a highly motivated self-starter and can approach situations with a level of flexibility that allows you to adapt to a fast paced environment.
- Have a relevant qualification, e.g. CIA, ICA Diploma and CRCM.
- Are a strong team player and have experience working in a culturally diverse work environment.
The Interview Process:
Our interview process involves 4 main stages:
- Call with our Hiring Team
- Initial call with a member of the Internal Audit Team
- Role Specific Interview
- Values Interview
What’s in it for you:
💰 Circa £80,000 salary dependant on experience ➕ plus stock options & benefits
📍This role can be based in our London office, or the flexibility to work remotely.
⏰ We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
📚 Learning budget of £1,000 a year for books, training courses and conferences
➕ And much more, see our full list of benefits here
If you prefer to work part-time, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2021 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2022 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, or veteran, neurodiversity or disability status.
As part of Monzo bank’s commitment to the FCA’s Consumer Duty, Monzo will take all reasonable steps to avoid causing foreseeable harm to customers, take all reasonable steps to enable customers to pursue their financial objectives and act in good faith.