Director of Financial Health
📍London OR UK Remote
Our Borrowing (consumer lending) team is growing and we’re looking for a Director of Financial Health to lead the policies and strategy for collections and recoveries across all lending products at Monzo.
You will report directly to the GM of Core Borrowing, and lead the Financial Health team in Borrowing. The team is responsible for the policies, strategies, systems and analytics used to support customers in financial difficulties with Monzo borrowing. You will partner with operations, tech and credit risk leadership to deliver on a robust financial health strategy, balancing good customer outcomes whilst mitigating credit loss. This includes the whole arrears lifecycle, including pre-arrears, collections and recoveries, and across all our lending products, Loans, Overdrafts, Flex and any new initiatives the Borrowing team launches.
At Monzo we are committed to delivering exceptional customer experiences through intuitive product design, and we want to apply the same philosophy to how we support customers in Financial Difficulties. You will manage a team of product managers, data analysts and customer journey designers, using customer insight and data to create supportive experiences that deliver better customer outcomes.
How you’ll contribute:
- Leading a multidisciplinary Financial Health team to build strategies and customer features that help improve their Financial Health
- Navigating the complex regulatory landscape, ensuring we remain without our risk appetites and comply with regulation
- Owning our Collections and Recoveries outcomes, balancing good customer outcomes and portfolio performance
- Inspire our product and tech squads to define the in app journey and features we offer our customers to support them when they’re in Financial Difficulties
- Lead a team of data analysts to gather insights on customer behaviour and financial performance to optimise our strategies
- Manage a team of customer journey managers to design experiences that meet regulatory requirements and customers’ needs
- Be a member of the Borrowing Leadership Team which drives Monzo's overall borrowing strategy
You should apply if:
- You have experience in leading collections & recoveries strategies or products for a regulated lender
- You have a strong understanding of the role a robust collections & recoveries business plays within the credit risk strategy of a lending business
- You have deep knowledge of UK consumer credit regulations
- You have track record leading analytical and product teams
- Are comfortable working in a fast-moving and changing company
What’s in it for you:
📍This role can be based in our London office, but we're open to distributed working within the UK (with ad hoc meetings in London)
⏰ We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team
📚 Learning budget of £1,000 a year for, training courses and conferences➕ And much more, see our full list of benefits here
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2022 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2022 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, or veteran, neurodiversity or disability status.