Internal Audit Manager - Operations and People
📍London or Remote UK | 💰circa £80,000 + Benefits
We’re here to make money work for everyone and we're doing things differently. For too long, banking has been obtuse, complex and opaque.
We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
We're focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people's lives through Monzo.
About our Internal Audit team
Our Internal Audit team is growing and we’re looking for an Internal Audit Manager to join the team and help build out the function. The primary focus of this role will be executing Operations and People audits.These include audits of vendor management, customer services, business continuity, remuneration, performance management, grievance and disciplinary process and others.
Internal audit is Monzo’s “Third Line of Defence” (3LoD). Internal Audit provides Monzo’s Board and Executive Management with independent and objective assurance on the adequacy and functioning of the system of internal control. The scope of internal audit covers all activities at Monzo, all areas of current and future risks within Monzo, and an assessment of risk management and mitigation controls in Monzo’s current and expected business environment.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Working closely with the audit director to develop and execute a flexible audit plan in accordance with internal audit methodologies and regulatory requirements.
- Delivering end to end audits, including validating issues raised in prior audits, communicating findings, confirming factual accuracy with management and writing high quality observations.
- Building trusting and open relationships with auditees on each audit and developing relationships within the Collectives (Business areas) to which you are aligned, attending collective level committees as required.
- Embedding the use of data as part of our core audit processes (risk assessment and planning, audit execution, continuous monitoring).
- Identifying the relevant risks and regulatory requirements relevant to each audit.
- Ensuring the principles of integrity, objectivity, confidentiality, and competency are applied and upheld.
- Proactively helping with ad-hoc audit related tasks, as requested by management.
You should apply if you:
- Have a relevant qualification (CIA, IRM, ACCA, ACA, CIMA, ISACA Certifications, CPA or CFA)
- Have significant experience (ideally 5 + years) in an audit related-role/leading audits within a regulated financial services environment or technology company.
- Have experience across core retail banking operations (e.g customer operations, outsourcing, complaints management) and people processes
- Have a proven track record of identifying, assessing and evaluating risks and controls, advising business stakeholders from a risk perspective, while also understanding the commercial view.
- Have knowledge of relevant European and UK regulations and guidelines e.g. CASS, SS21/SS22 etc
- Are a skilled relationship developer with the ability to effectively communicate with, challenge and influence stakeholders on audit/risk matters and build partnerships with other assurance functions.
The Interview Process:
Our interview process involves 4 main stages:
- Call with our Hiring Team
- Initial call with a member of the Internal Audit Team
- Role Specific Interview
- Values Interview
What’s in it for you:
💰 Circa £80,000 salary dependant on experience ➕ plus stock options & benefits
📍This role can be based in our London office, or the flexibility to work remotely.
⏰ We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
📚 Learning budget of £1,000 a year for books, training courses and conferences
➕ And much more, see our full list of benefits here
If you prefer to work part-time, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2021 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2022 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, or veteran, neurodiversity or disability status.
As part of Monzo bank’s commitment to the FCA’s Consumer Duty, Monzo will take all reasonable steps to avoid causing foreseeable harm to customers, take all reasonable steps to enable customers to pursue their financial objectives and act in good faith.