Senior Product Manager, Monzo Flex
Product at Monzo
We’re looking for a Product Manager to join our team and help us build one of the best, most innovative banks in the world.
Monzo is the lead challenger bank in the UK with a mission to Make Money Work for Everyone. In the last few years we’ve built a banking app with extremely high daily engagement and an NPS that’s consistently above 70. More than 10% of UK adults have a Monzo account already, but we have a global ambition and the opportunity to impact hundreds of millions - perhaps even billions - of lives.
Product is at the heart of this ambition. As a PM you’ll lead a multi-disciplinary team to set big, ambitious goals for an entire product area, and have the freedom to decide how to meet them. You’ll operate with autonomy and have a massive impact on our customers’ lives and Monzo’s success.
We’re looking for a product manager to join us to define and deliver the next phase of growth for Monzo Flex.
Flex has grown significantly over the last two years since launch and has become one of Monzo’s largest adopted consumer products. It also recently won the best credit card at the British Banking awards. We’re looking to hire someone to help design and accelerate the next phase of growth to become the leading consumer credit, spending product in the UK. As the PM, you’ll lead on increasing customer engagement with our fast growing base of existing Flex users, alongside defining how we continue to evolve the product to meet new customer needs.
What you’ll work on:
- Lead a cross-functional team to develop and deliver a customer engagement strategy for existing Monzo Flex users, including increasing engagement and monetisation. Key success metrics include total Flex users, monthly engagement and depth of spend.
- Define product strategy for the next phase of growth Flex, including building a deep understanding of customer needs and market opportunities, and how we’ll continue to differentiate ourselves and grow.
- Work iteratively and collaboratively with design, engineering, research, data science, compliance and many others to refine your plan and execute against it effectively.
- Balance work to create long-term growth, and work to hit short-term growth and revenue targets.
- Shape the broader product strategy by sharing insights from your work.
You should apply if:
- You’ve got extensive experience of shipping successful, customer-centric digital products in a fast growing company.
- You have experience working with financial services products. Bonus if this experience has been on a credit card or BNPL product.
- You have previously worked on a product that’s success has required strong customer engagement.
- You’re passionate about building value for customers and not just achieving business results.
- You’re data driven, passionate about metrics, and intellectually honest about how your work is performing -- and driven to continuously improve it.
- You’re creative, opportunistic, and love working as part of a fast, iterative team.
- You’re full of novel ideas and creative solutions, and able to tease them out of others too.
- You can work effectively with a diverse range of people and working styles to get stuff done, and are able to thoughtfully and constructively challenge and influence the people you work with.
- You have the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively to a wide range of audiences, and in a structured way
- You’re a fast learner, humble and curious, and enjoy developing yourself and others
- What we’re doing here at Monzo excites you!
The interview process:
Our interview process involves 4 main stages:
- Recruiter Call
- Initial Call with Hiring Manager
- Experience Loop, consisting of x3 hour long interviews to assess Project Walkthrough, Case Study and Leadership.
- Final chat with our Chief Product Officer
Our average process takes around 5-6 weeks but we will always work around your availability. You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process but if you do have any specific questions ahead of this please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
What’s in it for you:
💰 £85,000 to £120,000 depending on experience ➕ stock options & benefits
✈️ We can help you relocate to the UK
✅ We can sponsor visas
📍This role can be based in our London office, but we're open to distributed working within the UK (with ad hoc meetings in London).
⏰ We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
📚 Learning budget of £1,000 a year for books, training courses and conferences
➕ And much more, see our full list of benefits here
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2022 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2022 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, or veteran, neurodiversity or disability status.